New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    this one surprised me sa MIAS, mukhang ok

im trying to figure out kung may pinag based ba ito na existing pickup (Hilux?) or all new talaga.

forgot to take some pics so eto nalang galing sa net...

BAIC’s Foton to Enter Australian Market with New 1-Tonne Pickup Truck
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 Categories: Australia, BAIC, China, New Cars |

The Australian pickup truck market will soon welcome a new player in the 1-tonne segment, courtesy of China’s ever-growing automotive industry. Beiqi Foton Motor Co. Ltd, more commonly referred to as BFC or simply Foton, is a subsidiary of China’s more widely known BAIC and will be represented in the country by Sydney based Australian automotive distributor, WMC Group.

The WMC Group secured the rights to distribute the Foton range of 4x2 and 4x4 utility vehicles with plans for the first vehicles to go on sale in Australia early next year. The Sydney based distributor said Australian Design Rule compliance and testing is currently underway and is due to be finalized within the next two months.

Foton’s as of yet unnamed for the local market 1-tonne pickup truck model will be motivated by a Cummins ISF 2.8-liter Euro 5 common rail turbo diesel delivering up to 120kW of power and 380 Nm of torque, or a Foton manufactured 2.4-litre petrol engine matched to a Getrag five-speed manual or ZF six speed automatic.

WMC said it is planning a range of six model variants including a 4x4 dual cab diesel, a 4x2 dual cab diesel, and a 4x2 dual cab petrol as well as a 4x2 extra cab diesel and 4x2 single cab models with either diesel or petrol power.

The dual cab model has an overall length of 5,310mm (209-in.), width of 1,880mm (74-in.) and height of 1,810mm (71.2-in.) with ground clearance of 220mm (8.7-in.).

Foton’s Australian distributor said the new Foton ute will be equipped with ABS+EBD along with dual front airbags, and it expects an ANCAP safety rating of at least 4-stars.

"Foton will be a game shifter in the ute sector delivering a sedan style interior on a wide body configuration boasting a full one tonne pay load and a three tonne towing capacity with power from Cummins, the world's largest and most experienced producer of diesel engines," said Jason Pecotic, managing director of WMC.

"Apart from those impressive specs the new Foton will be priced at a level that will be between 15 and 20 percent less than comparable models from Japanese manufacturers, making it a compelling proposition for buyers whether they are tradesmen, farmers, fleet operators or private buyers," Mr. Pecotic added.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    mag kanu kaya price nyan?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Based sa na-basa ko sa net... 30000 AUD... so about 1.4M Pesos... yun 4x4 ha...

Pan laban daw kasi sa major brands such as Ford, Mazda, Izusu, Toyota, and Mitshubishi.

Pero sa akin lang... kung 1.4M Pesos na din lang... eh mag Izuzu o Toyota na lang ako.

Dapat kung gusto nila mabenta yan dito sa atin... dapat 1M Pesos flat or below ang price.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Price for 4x2 is 878K. Surprise! Surprise!

The 4x4 variant has no price yet based from yesterday's MIAS. But difference in looks is thesame. Same body dimensions and engine power output.

Fits and fittings are all good which hopefully translate to overall quality. Foton Thunder is somethings to consider buying a pick-up truck.

Best deal for the money I should say.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Hotly considered for buying after witnessing its launch in MIAS yesterday.

What do you think?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    SRP for the 4x2 is 878K.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The front end has a styling fascia that brings to mind a Toyota Hilux, while the fenders remind me of a Ford Ranger with what appears to be a side air intake.

Anyone have an idea of how reliable a CUMMINS diesel is? I know CUMMINS manufactures engines for heavy equipment and some armored vehicles used by the military.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    attn to mods: kindly replace the title with the pickup's name: Thunder

wala pa kasi ako post editing powers :D

most foton body are toyota based, engine is isuzu... pero eto cummins.. check ko sa cummins site, meron talagang engine na ganya sa line up nila.

wala bang test drive nito?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I think this truck is about a copy of Toyota Tundra (my guess). Tumagal ako dito sa ka-inspection. Pati ilalim tiningnan ko. Ayon sa Foton global website ang tranny is from cadillac and rated 2.5T truck. I have no reservation that cummns engine is a tough one (beat isuzu technolgy in my own assumption). Di ko lang sigurado if the turbo is vgt or non-vgt, walang tao doon na makasagot sa tanong ko eh. Kulang-kulang kasi ang technical specs sa bronchure nila. One thing is sure: engine by cummins & fuel injection system by "Bosch" of germany (the same common rail system use by Hyundai-KIA). I can't wait to test drive this pick up.

At 878K the 4x2 manual, yes bang for the back I should say.
    Last edited by weisshorn; March 31st, 2012 at 10:33 AM.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
Foton thunder pick-up