New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Isn't Foton bragging that The suspension of the MPX is made by Lotus? If so, there shouldn't be a problem with it. And I believe the MPX got its looks from the Toyota Granvia. Now if it really has a CRDi engine, the power output wouldn't only be at 90+ hp, especially for an engine with 2.8 liters of displacement.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Having a CRDi engine with 2.8L displacement can only give 90+ ps seems to be untrue. hmmm

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Isn't Foton bragging that The suspension of the MPX is made by Lotus?
    ah really? if thats the case then, I'm even more skeptical about it....

because the last time I checked, Lotus makes sports cars right? and before that they are into Formula 1 and then just got back again in 2009 after a 15year absence

So the equation I think would go something like this...

Racing Pedigree + Van body + Incredible Chinese cost cutting + RP streets= ..........?

Well, just to be fair with the chinese brand which I think is quite promising.
    I would just say that Let time be the judge...
    Last edited by locoroco777; October 1st, 2010 at 11:07 AM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Lotus does tune the suspensions of ordinary vehicles. Remember the time when Isuzu had different variants of the Bighorn tuned by Lotus and Irmscher? I seem to feel that, along with Great Wall, Foton is one of the Chinese brands that will become a mainstay in the Philippine market. There are quite a big number of these on the streets now. I see more of these than any other Chinese brand. Hopefully they'll introduce an engine that makes at least north of 130hp soon.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I've driven a unit before and in my opinion it is a lot better than the nissan urvan and mitsubishi l300 microbuses

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    MPV/Van of the year sa 2011 MIAS

Bilib ka rin ano...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer123 View Post
    MPV/Van of the year sa 2011 MIAS

Bilib ka rin ano...
    The only competition in the price range for the 2010-2011 model year was the Foton View. Compared to that, the MPX is vastly better.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    This van is actually good..At 1.120M Pesos eh sulit sya.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    IMO eggy.....Sulit na sulit kung space ang pag uusapan almost starex na ang feeling eh...

kaso if you look closely sa construction ng parts and yung materials used...medyo sablay...ang daming tinga nung plastics sa engine...ang tatalim nung edges...ang pangit nung mga screws na ginamit saka yung mga metal parts ng engina and body pag kinatok parang takip ng kaldero eh hehe...etc etc etc....

But anyway ang major na tanong lang naman dyan kung bibili ka ng ganyan sasakyan eh tatagal kaya? kapag tumagal yan ng 5+ years sulit na yung 1.120m
    Last edited by locoroco777; April 16th, 2011 at 10:24 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    IMO eggy.....Sulit na sulit kung space ang pag uusapan almost starex na ang feeling eh...

kaso if you look closely sa construction ng parts and yung materials used...medyo sablay...ang daming tinga nung plastics sa engine...ang tatalim nung edges...ang pangit nung mga screws na ginamit saka yung mga metal parts ng engina and body pag kinatok parang takip ng kaldero eh hehe...etc etc etc....

But anyway ang major na tanong lang naman dyan kung bibili ka ng ganyan sasakyan eh tatagal kaya? kapag tumagal yan ng 5+ years sulit na yung 1.120m
    I agree. Was behind one last night and just by looking at the quality of the tail light, sablay na. The lights are very similar to those cheap aftermarket lights you can buy in accessory shops everywhere.

Even the space for the reflectors on the bumper, parang may lagpas lagpas pa yung plastic

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Foton MPX