New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    2 things you can do since they have identified the source & i guess it's base on manual as well.

1. Go to your trusted mechanic & have it cleaned up. Baka nagkaroon lang ng contamination.
    2. Look for that particular MAF in Banaue. They can even order it for you kung wala sila and it ain't gonna be 27K.
    yeah, i went to Mazford and they estimated MAF sensor to be approx 14K daw. meron replacement an Fordland 4500 kaso medyo magulo sila kausap.

i just sold the ESCAPE na din, ang sakit sa ulo. i am sure di lahat ng Ford ganito pero siguro, sna, probably, maybe natsambahan lang ako na madaming issue.

based on what i experienced, i will never buy a Ford and would not recommend it to friends and relatives... but that is just me.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by non-vtec View Post
    That's odd. A relatively new car with a defective MAF. Try to clean it using an electronic contact cleaner. 3k for labor is highway robbery. Anybody with decent DIY skills can do that under 20 mins.
    yeah just a philips screw u can have it checked or cleaned.

it is important din pla linisin ang MAF sensor kagaya ng paglinis o replace nten ng air filter.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    thnx for the input, now i have a lead for a similar problem with my mirage GLX-CVT

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by lonerunner View Post
    yeah, i went to Mazford and they estimated MAF sensor to be approx 14K daw. meron replacement an Fordland 4500 kaso medyo magulo sila kausap.

i just sold the ESCAPE na din, ang sakit sa ulo. i am sure di lahat ng Ford ganito pero siguro, sna, probably, maybe natsambahan lang ako na madaming issue.

based on what i experienced, i will never buy a Ford and would not recommend it to friends and relatives... but that is just me.
    I sympathize with your predicament. Can't blame you on your decision. I have a 2007 escape AT 4x4 which i bought from first owner in 2010. It's near to 100K km to which 67K was my own usage and it never gave me problem. Very smooth driving & still powerful to date. It saved me when i got caught in a flood with mud during a typhoon in Agoo La Union when most cars got stuck being pushed while this escape came out without sweat with the 4x4 triggered.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12