New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    besides the obvious difference in engine and displacement, what are the other differences between the two?

for one, i know that the tdci has leather seats while the 1.8 doesn't.

what else?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by automatic View Post
    besides the obvious difference in engine and displacement, what are the other differences between the two?

for one, i know that the tdci has leather seats while the 1.8 doesn't.

what else?
    stiffer & slightly taller suspension due to the heavier tdci engine.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TDCI is faster.

too bad it doesn't come in AWD though (unlike the Subaru Impreza Diesel).

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Slightly taller suspension.

errh... amazingly good TDCi engine and transmission... fuel economy that's nearly twice as good... and lots and lots of power?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Focus TDCi Sport also has extra safety features like a passenger airbag and ESP (electronic stability program).
    Like the gasoline powered 2.0 Sport, the TDCi Sport also comes with slightly bigger 5-spoke 16 inch wheels on 205/55R16 tires, smoked headlights and a slightly wider "body color" rear spoiler.
    Both the TDCi Sport and the 1.8 Trend A/T get rear vents, but the TDCI Sport has dual-zone climate control, it also a 6-disc in-dash CD changer vs the Trend's single in dash cd player.

To make things easier, the specs for the 2009 Focus range...
    Last edited by AG4; December 20th, 2008 at 11:26 PM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    -Price: 1million for TDCi 700K for 1.8L
    -Reverse sensor
    -TDCi Black interior
    -Mag wheels and Tire
    -TDCi equip with new feature ESP(Electronic Stability Program) Pa Kontra sa balentong.
    -Dual AirBag
    -Engine
    -Body works

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RAC Tech View Post
    -Price: 1million for TDCi 700K for 1.8L
    -Reverse sensor
    -TDCi Black interior
    -Mag wheels and Tire
    -TDCi equip with new feature ESP(Electronic Stability Program) Pa Kontra sa balentong.
    -Dual AirBag
    -Engine
    -Body works
    The Trend 1.8 A/T hatchback costs P849K, it has black/dark gray interior trim (fabric seats instead of leather).
    Last edited by AG4; December 21st, 2008 at 12:12 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    ABS + EBD is enough for a front-drive car, especially since we have no winter in this country and you're not likely to be driving the car in snow.

On our test with the Focus TDCi Powershift... I only got the ESP to activate during drag-launches... at no other time was it apparent.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    mga tsikoteers, my experience in Ford Focus 2.0 TDCi, 1 month test drive 24/7 shifting schedule bago kasi ang supplier ng transmission ng diesel focus kya dapat push to the limit ang test drive, kailangan 20K kilometers ang mileage bago ibalik sa planta for analysis, my couta kasi sa mileage kya hapitan ang takbo, hanga ako sa Ford TDCi lahat ng klaseng driving style ginagawa namin buo pa rin, masasabi kong mganda ang quality ng Ford Philippines.

3 units ang mileage test ng ford 2 units lang ang nakatapos yun isa pinahiram sa media di yata sanay mag drive yun taga media naaksidente sa subic yon total wreck buhay naman siya... Happy new year....

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    is the engine mounting of 1.8 gas same as 2.0 tdci? thanks...

what's the difference between 2009 ford focus 2.0 tdci and 1.8 a/t 5dr