New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Is it true that if you don't get all the maintenance checkups from the CASA, your warranty will be void? There is a law in the US which is against this... I am wondering now if we have the same in the Philippines.

Besides, there are also a few car owners who fear that they may void their warranty, if they don't get their car serviced by their dealer only. Such people can take a sigh of relief due to the Federal Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. It states that the car owner doesn't have any such obligation and that they are free to get their vehicle serviced by their favorite independent and skilled service station, without losing the warranty on their car.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    walang ganyan dito.

we are at the mercy of overpriced casas

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by denis_8th View Post
    Is it true that if you don't get all the maintenance checkups from the CASA, your warranty will be void? There is a law in the US which is against this... I am wondering now if we have the same in the Philippines.

Besides, there are also a few car owners who fear that they may void their warranty, if they don't get their car serviced by their dealer only. Such people can take a sigh of relief due to the Federal Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. It states that the car owner doesn't have any such obligation and that they are free to get their vehicle serviced by their favorite independent and skilled service station, without losing the warranty on their car.

Our local casa will use every possible excuse to get out of the warranty claim.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    If this is the case, I guess our question should be how we can protect ourselves? Are there consumer rights lawyers out there who can help us?

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Our local casa will use every possible excuse to get out of the warranty claim.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    you can probably win your case if you argue it in court. but are you willing to spend time and money to prove a point? i wouldn't. unless they really piss me off..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Well, there are just three years of warranty offered for new cars and means you have to be at the mercy of casas for three years. But even if you claim to have warranty on new cars, it will take more than patience to actually get a warranty claim in order. It's kind of a double jeopardy for us in the Philippines. That is also probably why the "used/surplus" cars from Sta. Ana and Subic are still getting a lot of favorable attention from car buyers.