New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Good day Ford Experts. I'm being convinced by my parents to change my civic fd 08 to a ford everest 3rd gen.(their choice) second hand lang. Masyado daw kasing mababa ang sedan, mas safe ang SUV incase magkaaksidente, pwede rin for heavy loads for business ng pamilya at ibang pang parents concerns(may pagka-OA din). Pinag-iisipan ko pa po talaga ito kasi ayaw ko palitan ang fd ko kasi it's my first car at walang ford casa sa lugar namin. I'm still a student po at 2 years pa bago grumaduate sana. hehe. though I understand my parents and I'm getting to like the ford everest especially the 3rd gen. but still have a lot of questions in mind. I've already google some of my question but still can't understand some of them..
    Here's my question:
    1. Pros and Cons
    2. Engine performance and details (kindly explain further po, like what's the use of CRDi, turbo charge. etc)
    3. how's the ride? di po ba kalampag dahil sa 18"?
    4. What is FE limited? FE ice package?
    5. FE problems. I heard may problema sa Fuel indicator.
    6. Gaano po ba kamahal ang spare parts at service(their having this Ford Caravan Visit every 3 months)?
    7. Fuel Consumption. My fd's FC is 6-7km/l city driving..

Budget is 900-950k but perhaps maaextend daw depende kung magustuhan ang bibilhin. Sorry sa newbie question..

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    same questions here. and please advice on old models like 2004-05. primary concern is fuel consumption on these models. TIA!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I'm using a Gen3 Everest right now, so far satisfied with the performance, speed is not issue as the Everest is really fast even with its big body, it's a lot roomier too compared to Montero and Fortuner though I must give to Montero for the riding comfort.

What's not good medyo matagtag but you'll get used to it and its better when are carrying 3-4 person, mid row can easily fit 4 adults, at the rear 3 kids, the rear does not have a headrest though making it hard for adults to sit there.

FC is subjective but just to give you an idea, I can use 200 pesos from Munomento to Ortigas back and forth basta di aggressive ang driving, pero if often floor it you might consume 300+, effectively on city driving its around 9km/l.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    moderator's note:

Thread closed by starter request.

Upgrading from civic fd to Ford Everest