New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Its obvious you have not driven a Toyota Vios/Yaris, Honda City/Jazz (the new ones) and a Mazda 2 cause all of those cars have no temp. gauges either...

You can try to activate the "SECRET MENU"/ I tried it myself and it can sense coolant temperature...

If you want a dashboard solution, try SCAN GAUGE. Medyo mahal nga lang...
    Thanks for the "SECRET MENU" tip. It is fortunate for us forumers here to have a fellow Fiesta owner who is a veteran in motoring.

Yes, I have not driven the Toyota (lost interest in the brand due to the "stuck accelerator" issue in US), I have test driven the City because I am a City owner. I just assumed it had one. I was focused on the ride, handling and style. Mazda was not within budget so no testing there.

I know they did not put a temp gauge for the simple reason of cost cutting. Lower cost = higher profit.

If it were beneficial for the driver not to have the gauge, your Accord should not have one. I have never driven an Accord also so you can share with us if indeed it has a temp gauge on the panel.

Anyway, more power to your trading business Sir Tidus. Sana dumami pa lahi mo

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    You can try to activate the "SECRET MENU"/ I tried it myself and it can sense coolant temperature...
    I've tried it and it works in mine also. The temperature reading works only in test mode not while one is driving.

It might be useful in this case:
    You have suspicions of overheating. You stop to the side of the road and THEN enter test mode to confirm your worries.

Good enough for me while I find a more economical solution to have a real time in dash gauge.

Quoted from :

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums...howtopic=13609

"
    To get to it, do the following:

1) Put key in ignition (do not turn)

2) Hold the button on the rev side and after around 3 seconds turn the key two clicks (don't start engine)

3)On the screen it will say "Test" and you can cycle through various things by pressing the button.

Some things include: gauge test, LED test, digital speedo etc.

I will do a video in a bit showing how to do it and the functions available."

On higher models it is the button sa dulo ng turn signal lever nyo. Sa akin the button to reset trip odometer. I had to do the 3 seconds, turn the key two notches - twice before it entered TEST mode.

It confirms my statement of "fly by wire". Mga ka-Fiesta, kita nyo during test the tachometer and speedometer goes full range. It means hindi na sila directly connected by a speedometer cable to the transmission. There is a sensor providing input to the on-board computer, THEN the computer moves the gauges.

To continue my first impressions:

We drove via NLEX for the first time and with my 5'4" height, the way the driver seat is adjusted, the power window controls are too far back for me. One needs to roll down the windows to get the NLEX ticket.

If I move my seat back for the controls to be comfortable, hindi ko na abot comfortably ang pedals - acheche!

Again in comparison with my Honda City.

I guess it retained its Euro Car design with no modifications for the Asian market.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vivafoxpro View Post
    Thanks for the "SECRET MENU" tip. It is fortunate for us forumers here to have a fellow Fiesta owner who is a veteran in motoring.

Yes, I have not driven the Toyota (lost interest in the brand due to the "stuck accelerator" issue in US), I have test driven the City because I am a City owner. I just assumed it had one. I was focused on the ride, handling and style. Mazda was not within budget so no testing there.

I know they did not put a temp gauge for the simple reason of cost cutting. Lower cost = higher profit.

If it were beneficial for the driver not to have the gauge, your Accord should not have one. I have never driven an Accord also so you can share with us if indeed it has a temp gauge on the panel.

Anyway, more power to your trading business Sir Tidus. Sana dumami pa lahi mo
    [SIZE=4][SIZE=4]The Accord has a temp gauge on the instrument panel. The Fiesta on the other hand has a lot of features you cannot find in the Accord like the dual clutch transmission and the capless system. The Fiesta has its strengths and weaknesses but for its price, I could never have asked for more. To tell you the truth, I enjoy driving the Fiesta compared to our Accord[/SIZE].[/SIZE]

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    There are so many warnings and systems in place on new cars to avoid any issues such as overheating etc, that a temp gauge is quite useless these days.
    You might aswell ask why there is no oil pressure gauge, and one of those big metal handles you plug into the front to start the car with.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    With a couple of anecdotes regarding the tow hook cover for the hatch, it would be smart to check that AND try pulling it out by hand. If it does, gumawa ka ng iskandalo sa dealer... wahehehehe...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Things to check before accepting your new Ford Fiesta