The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    from my own experience; warning goes on at 9 to 10 liters nga before empty

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vivafoxpro View Post
    Long term plan ko yan sir. I will not mess around with the firmware but plan to read the OBDII port and have the various displays and computations done by a portable computing device. One of the threads already showed this using a bluetooth OBDII connector feeding info to a cell phone.

My general idea is to have an Android touch device that will be built into the dash, maybe in the secret compartment.

One of my frustrations with our FoFi is the lack of a simple temperature gauge.
    No need to have it fixed permanently. Just buy an OBDII Blue tooth adapter and it will connect wirelessly with your android phone.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pista_ni_jon View Post
    nagawa ko na itong "project" na ito. curious din kasi ako. mga tatlong beses ko na ito ginawa. average is 9-10liters ang remaining fuel kapag umilaw ang fuel gauge so medyo mahaba-habang biyahe pa ang kayang takbuhin.

pahabol:
    narating ko ang konklusyon sa ganitong sistema: (1) pag-ilaw ng fuel gauge, pa-full tank. (2) yung total liters of full tank will be deducted to 43 liters since this is specified in the tank capacity specs of our fiesta.

please try it as well and let us know here if you have different figures.
    I also use this technique. In my case pag umilaw na, after 1-3 KM, I already fill up (except for my last fill up). I found that laging 36.xx ang nakakarga sakin. In that case, 43 minus 36 = 7 Liters of fuel more or less ang natitira.

So mahaba habang driving pa rin naman yun.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vivafoxpro View Post
    Long term plan ko yan sir. I will not mess around with the firmware but plan to read the OBDII port and have the various displays and computations done by a portable computing device. One of the threads already showed this using a bluetooth OBDII connector feeding info to a cell phone.

My general idea is to have an Android touch device that will be built into the dash, maybe in the secret compartment.

One of my frustrations with our FoFi is the lack of a simple temperature gauge.
    Akala ko biro lang yun - yun pala gagawin talaga ni Sir Viva! Anlupit nyo talaga sir!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by asasdedrof View Post
    I'm used to commuting daily to work with the fuel indicator light "ON". Pareho kami ni pista, 10 liters ang reserve that last me about 3~4 days from Pasay to San Juan and back, depende sa traffic condition.

I refill with gas when there is roughly 2 liters left in the tank.
    i'm curious ilan yung nasagad mong figures from distance to empty? i tried up to 10Km before empty, chicken out na ko nun hehehe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12