New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    sabihin mo na lang mazda protege siya na nagpa plastic surgery ginawang ford lolz

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    taka lang ako bro, bakit ang hirap mong paniwalain na protege yang lynx. hihihi. so you mean there shouldnt be lynx members in protegetech? that we have been wrong all along in letting lynx peeps join our club? kung ganun, my gulay (ala amanda griffin) mind you that one of our lynx members have traded his gauge assembly to a one from us protege kasi nasira niya yung gas needle niya..plus, most engine mods from the us protege are bolt on to the lynx here (may member din na, afaik, nagdadala dito and have installed parts on his rs..)..

for a little bit more detailed info.. http://www.cardomain.com/id/nekkers if you check his cardomain, even the interiors are very much identical..iba lang talaga yung front/rear fenders, trunk, headlights, tails, bumpers..anything in the middle, basically the same..
    Having the same parts DOESN't MEAN THEY ARE REBADGED...i was talking about the REBADGED....the Lynx DOESN'T LOOK LIKE THE SAME OUTSIDE....SO ITS NOT CONSIDERED REBADGED......

Do you know what a BADGE mean? now..add RE + BADGE.....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by airshaq20
    Having the same parts DOESN't MEAN THEY ARE REBADGED...i was talking about the REBADGED....the Lynx DOESN'T LOOK LIKE THE SAME OUTSIDE....SO ITS NOT CONSIDERED REBADGED......

Do you know what a BADGE mean? now..add RE + BADGE.....
    uy nagalit.sabi ko lang na nagtataka e sigaw na.. of course i know what a rebadged car is and i know what a badge meanS. anyways, were going OT already at baka magalit na ang mods, if you say that its not rebadged, then sige, i respect that. pero para sakin( and to anyone who thinks so), rebadged siya. like what luwe said, its a mazda that had plastic surgery.

an example..an EK civic and isuzu gemini..different headlights, front bumpers, interiors (civic na civic), rear trunk..an isuzu? its definitely a civic..

last example..what about the suzuki jimny and the mazda AZ-Offroad? they have different headlights, front bumpers, rear bumpers, and of course badges? a mazda? i think its a zuk..

why are you all fired up man? NAGTAKA lang ako and wasnt pissing you off..last post ko na dito at baka mainis ang mga mods.medyo ot na kasi. peace.
    Last edited by caloyski5; February 14th, 2005 at 02:51 AM.
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the ford lynx and mazda protege aren't really that different. they are more like twins. the only discerning factor between them is the front and rear facia. they may have different outer shells but they are almost the same inside.

maybe that is why they come off the same assembly line at Sta Rosa?

think of them like the Escape & Tribute.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It is a rebadged and slightly facelifted vehicle. All the 'hard' manufacturing points are the same (the same robot could assemble both vehicles). Only relatively minor areas and hand fitted parts are different.

Re-badge nowadays does not simply imply sticking on a different badge.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup, its a rebadged protege

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Hey Caloyz...found the thread.....nweyz...sorry about the misunderstanding.....

OT:
    Honda and Isuzu has a partnership. the first Honda SUV was a Honda Passport which is a rebadged Isuzu. Isuzu rebadged the first generation Honda Odyssey and even the Accord.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    airshaq,

peace man. no offense meant. oops! akala ko last post na itow. hihi sorry mods..
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

9. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    All the 'hard' manufacturing points are the same (the same robot could assemble both vehicles)
    This is totally true. I've gone through a tour of Ford's Sta. Rosa facility and they manufacture Mazda Proteges together with Ford Lynx's and Mazda Tributes with Ford Escapes.

So if anyone says american muscle when they see a Lynx, please don't get mad if I laugh my head off.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was browsing through my friend's old Car and driver Taiwan and they also have the Lynx but it's called "Ford Tierra" in Taiwan.
    http://www.ford.com.tw/tierra_ls_1.6se/index1.htm
    Our Lynx here came out only in two generations but Taiwan's Ford Tierra came with three. Guess what is the first Gen Ford tierra?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Question about the nationality of Ford Lynx