New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    I owned a Ford Everest 2007 model. I bought it new on 2009 and will be on its fourth year this coming May 2013. Two weeks ago, i can feel that there some minimal vibration and have it checked, just to find out that the center bearing of the propeller shaft needs to be change. By the way, does any of you here Ford Everest owners experienced this one? I think it's too early for a center bearing to be worn out in just a matter of more than three years only. I have it brought to CDO Ford casa, unluckily thay have no spare for center bearing but their advice is to replace the assembly for a cost of 35,000t ! Woww!!!!

Any inputs, comments, advice on this matter? I need your help.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Sir i don't understand.. Your everest is a 2007 model and yet you bought it in year 2009? An old stock perhaps?

Ano na po ba mileage ng eve nyo?
    Im no expert in this pero if that's what the casa suggests then better follow it.. Or kung may ibang casa pa, magpa quote ka and compare..

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by henyomzky View Post
    Sir i don't understand.. Your everest is a 2007 model and yet you bought it in year 2009? An old stock perhaps?

Ano na po ba mileage ng eve nyo?
    Im no expert in this pero if that's what the casa suggests then better follow it.. Or kung may ibang casa pa, magpa quote ka and compare..
    I got your point. Maybe. Mileage reading is more than 42,000. And yes, i'm doing some quote and comparison but it seems the price are quite the same there are differences in price but not much. I'm willing to follow the advice of CASA but I think I'll have to explore more.

Thank you for your quick response, BTW do you have in mind other spare parts supplier, aside from CASA that will sell genuine parts and is willing to accept online payment? (I mean price is much lower than CASA) Thanks again.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Magarac View Post
    I owned a Ford Everest 2007 model. I bought it new on 2009 and will be on its fourth year this coming May 2013. Two weeks ago, i can feel that there some minimal vibration and have it checked, just to find out that the center bearing of the propeller shaft needs to be change. By the way, does any of you here Ford Everest owners experienced this one? I think it's too early for a center bearing to be worn out in just a matter of more than three years only. I have it brought to CDO Ford casa, unluckily thay have no spare for center bearing but their advice is to replace the assembly for a cost of 35,000t ! Woww!!!!

Any inputs, comments, advice on this matter? I need your help.
    depende yan sir eh... vibrations on the drive train of the eve comes from worn CROSS JOINTS or FAILING CENTER BEARING.

3 cross joints ng eve, if i remember correctly, those can be changed using GMB brand, meron mazford niyan...

as for the center bearing, 3x na ako nag replace niyan... sakit ata talaga ng eve siguro... pag sira na center bearing, punit na yung rubber sa upper portion and naka sag na yung propeller sa bottom portion nung center bearing...

if indead sira na nga yung rubber, usually mangiginig yan upon deceleration or braking conditions, unlike the cross joints which vibrates upon acceleration mostly...

bumili ako dati replacement center bearing sa banawe, ok naman kaso dapat yung pang eve talaga... dapat pag bibili ka replacement dala mo sample so ma-compare mo visually if match sila sa bolt and dimensions...

ang casa if tama pagka alala ko ay hindi nagbebenta ng center bearing alone!! they will sell you the whole transmission driveline assembly costing roughly 30k plus....!!! thats why mapapabili ka sa labas ng replacement...

ok naman ang replacement sir na center bearing basta dala mo sample, yan din dilemma ko before, now replacement nakakabit sakin and 20,000 kms have past and ok pa naman... its around 3-4k ata before... my eve is already at 120,000 kms and 3x na palit center bearing, lahat replacement lang... and nag off road pa ako, tapos medyo heavy foot din sa accelerator...haha...

just an advice, if papatangal nyo yung driveline sa mga shops, be sure na kilala o suki nyo. kasi meh procedure sa pagkalas... baka ma-damage kasi yung driveline pag di maingat, usually kasi papaluin at pukpukin para mahugot yung sa meh center bearing..

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by miko101130 View Post
    depende yan sir eh... vibrations on the drive train of the eve comes from worn CROSS JOINTS or FAILING CENTER BEARING.

3 cross joints ng eve, if i remember correctly, those can be changed using GMB brand, meron mazford niyan...

as for the center bearing, 3x na ako nag replace niyan... sakit ata talaga ng eve siguro... pag sira na center bearing, punit na yung rubber sa upper portion and naka sag na yung propeller sa bottom portion nung center bearing...

if indead sira na nga yung rubber, usually mangiginig yan upon deceleration or braking conditions, unlike the cross joints which vibrates upon acceleration mostly...

bumili ako dati replacement center bearing sa banawe, ok naman kaso dapat yung pang eve talaga... dapat pag bibili ka replacement dala mo sample so ma-compare mo visually if match sila sa bolt and dimensions...

ang casa if tama pagka alala ko ay hindi nagbebenta ng center bearing alone!! they will sell you the whole transmission driveline assembly costing roughly 30k plus....!!! thats why mapapabili ka sa labas ng replacement...

ok naman ang replacement sir na center bearing basta dala mo sample, yan din dilemma ko before, now replacement nakakabit sakin and 20,000 kms have past and ok pa naman... its around 3-4k ata before... my eve is already at 120,000 kms and 3x na palit center bearing, lahat replacement lang... and nag off road pa ako, tapos medyo heavy foot din sa accelerator...haha...

just an advice, if papatangal nyo yung driveline sa mga shops, be sure na kilala o suki nyo. kasi meh procedure sa pagkalas... baka ma-damage kasi yung driveline pag di maingat, usually kasi papaluin at pukpukin para mahugot yung sa meh center bearing..
    All 3 cross bearings were already replaced with a new one. I just arrived from Ford Davao and fetch the center bearing that i ordered last week and its a whooping P10,586.00. By next week, I'll have it installed by my mechanic here in Valencia.The good thing in Ford Davao is that they advised me to replace the worn out center bearing only unlike in Ford CDO, their advised is to replace the whole assembly for a staggering amount of P35,000.00 more or less!!!!! whoooaaaaaahhh..! sakit sa bulsa!

Mabuti dyan sa Maynila Sir Mico maraming benibentang replacement na class A, dito sa bukidnon bihira. BTW, thanks for your reply. I'll try to secure a replacement next time in Davao.

Yan na nga sabi ni missis, sabi nya ang lakas daw magpatakbo, ayan tuloy sira ang sasakyan. (I was scolded heheheheee).

Happy holidays! Happy weekend!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Magarac View Post
    All 3 cross bearings were already replaced with a new one. I just arrived from Ford Davao and fetch the center bearing that i ordered last week and its a whooping P10,586.00. By next week, I'll have it installed by my mechanic here in Valencia.The good thing in Ford Davao is that they advised me to replace the worn out center bearing only unlike in Ford CDO, their advised is to replace the whole assembly for a staggering amount of P35,000.00 more or less!!!!! whoooaaaaaahhh..! sakit sa bulsa!

Mabuti dyan sa Maynila Sir Mico maraming benibentang replacement na class A, dito sa bukidnon bihira. BTW, thanks for your reply. I'll try to secure a replacement next time in Davao.

Yan na nga sabi ni missis, sabi nya ang lakas daw magpatakbo, ayan tuloy sira ang sasakyan. (I was scolded heheheheee).

Happy holidays! Happy weekend!
    Maalala ko pala sir sana yung nabili nyo na mga cross joints ay yung meh fittings... Para ma grasahan...there are times kasi na yung slip yoke sa bandang likod ay hindi pumapasok ng maayos kaya dadalin ng center bearing yung loadwhich will hasten its failure.... Kaya naman sir ng eve ang mga sprint runs at quick acceleration ,talagang sa haba lang ata ng propeller ay dadating time na mag fail... Happy eve driving sir...hehehe