New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Good day to all tsikoteers! I would like to ask for feedback regarding my concern. I just had a preventive maintenance check and the I was informed that I have to change my sparkplug, ATF, Filter and a lot more. My questions are:

1. Can any ordinary mechanic change my sparkplug or dapat sa casa lang?
    2. If sa talyer lang, magkakaproblema ba?
    3. Can I just go to Banawe to buy the parts then pakabit ko sa casa?

Thanks in advance for the replies!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by poVen View Post
    Good day to all tsikoteers! I would like to ask for feedback regarding my concern. I just had a preventive maintenance check and the I was informed that I have to change my sparkplug, ATF, Filter and a lot more. My questions are:

1. Can any ordinary mechanic change my sparkplug or dapat sa casa lang?
    2. If sa talyer lang, magkakaproblema ba?
    3. Can I just go to Banawe to buy the parts then pakabit ko sa casa?

Thanks in advance for the replies!
    Hi Sir, all of those are just simple PMS.

1. A good reputable repair shop can easily do that (sparkplug change, filter change, etc.). Casa is expensive, but of course, more knowledgeable on the type of vehicle you have.
    2. As long as the talyer is capable..i don't see any problem.
    3. You can buy your parts at Banawe (cheaper) and have your casa install them for you. but prior to this, please ask if they charge owners for bringing in the parts.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5 View Post
    Hi Sir, all of those are just simple PMS.

1. A good reputable repair shop can easily do that (sparkplug change, filter change, etc.). Casa is expensive, but of course, more knowledgeable on the type of vehicle you have.
    2. As long as the talyer is capable..i don't see any problem.
    3. You can buy your parts at Banawe (cheaper) and have your casa install them for you. but prior to this, please ask if they charge owners for bringing in the parts.
    For item 3, they have corkage charges (Ford Alabang). I dont know in any branch.

My suggestion is, if you knew any mechanic from Ford, just ask him for home service during his off time.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Let casa do it, IMO. I have preference towards them since they have all the training and resources necessary to fix your vehicle. Of course, there are bad casas as well so choose wisely.

As mentioned, they usually cost more, but do consider that they have a reputation to protect and hence, they're bent towards protecting that by giving better service, in most cases. Besides, maintaining a complete service record with the casa can mean better resale value later on.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Thank you for the great tips! What I plan to do is buy the parts in Banawe then check with Ford (Commonwealth) if they charge an extra fee for bringing the parts. If NO, then most likely I will have them do it even if it will cost me 1800++. If Yes, will check how much the charge is and if I find it unreasonable, maybe I will look for another option.

Thanks again for the tips!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Sir, magtanong ka muna dito sa tsikot kung ano'ng CASA ang matino gumawa. You might end up with a dealership that's just going to give you headaches.

Just because they sell the cars means that they're the best in servicing it.

As other posters have already said, some casas just take a run-of-the-mill mechanic and give him a uniform. That's about it.

I've had an experience wherein I went to TWO ford casas, and neither was able to diagnose the problem. That and the "Bayad muna bago namin tingnan" policy means that my Ranger is not going to any Ford Casa soon. BTW, one of those casas was Ford Commonwealth.

There are alot of other reputable shops (i.e. speedyfix, cruven, autotechnika) that tsikoteers trust more than the casas.

Preventive Maintenance - Ford Sport Trac