New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The threadstarter has a powershift diesel. ANOTHER member asked about ANOTHER car, which isn't. Sorry if the off-topic banter caused confusion. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hi TS. Any update on this?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Hi b0y37 ,

We moved the car to Ford Alabang in the second week of December. Their technicians (together with one from the Ford plant) disassembled the transmission and found that the clutch (clutches?) was burnt. They replaced the clutch assembly (I didn't know this was replaceable for the Focus TDCI), gave the car back, and it's running great! I've been using it for a few weeks now and there's no trace of the old symptoms.

Service at Ford Alabang was top-rate. While my car was there I would get a call at least once a day. Sometimes just a quick update but I knew at every step exactly what was going on and what they were planning to do next. And of course the most important thing- they figured out what was wrong and fixed it.

I was asking the mechanic about my specific problem and he told me it's the first time they've encountered it. The old clutch assembly was sent back to the plant, they're checking to try figure out what caused the early failure.

As promised, FGP shouldered the clutch assembly and we paid for materials and labor. I'll have the fluid checked in a few weeks or months just to give myself peace of mind that the problem has been permanently solved, but so far the car runs wonderfully.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Out of curiosity, if you had to pay for the clutch packs, how much?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    congrats ts naayos din focus mo. haha. happy new year

6. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Out of curiosity, if you had to pay for the clutch packs, how much?
    Hi Niky, sorry no idea. This is actually the first I heard that you can get a clutch pack for this. It wasn't listed on the paperwork (I think it just says "replaced clutch assembly"), the SA said because the plant supplied it. I'll post here if I find out.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks clairenceh, happy new year too!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    so happy ending pala nice to know. it has been my dream to own focus tdci, nagworry lang ako because of the transmission issue. enjoy you ride ts!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by butterpear View Post
    Hi Niky, sorry no idea. This is actually the first I heard that you can get a clutch pack for this. It wasn't listed on the paperwork (I think it just says "replaced clutch assembly"), the SA said because the plant supplied it. I'll post here if I find out.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks clairenceh, happy new year too!
    Strange that they also don't mention it... it would go a long way towards ensuring peace-of-mind for buyers if they knew that the packs were available. Tignan mo yung Honda CVTs... no clutch packs... which has left a lot of old Jazz/City users in the lurch after the warranty ran out. One of the attractions of the Fiesta, for me, is that the clutch packs are replaceable. They cost a bit, but not excessively so.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Hi, isnt it a sealed assembly? Paano po kaya nila binaklas yun? Break open tapos welded pagbalik?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Powershift tranny is almost same as manual tranny, so there are clutch packs on it. Not the conventional AT which needs fluid pressure. Though just dont know if clutch packs are available on some shops outside casa.
    Kaya ang notion ng iba is powershift can be problematic pag nasira...basically mas problematic ang conventional AT..just my opinion.
    When our honda city CVT dati nagloko ang tranny, sabi ng casa palit nadaw ng tranny costing almost 1/4 of the car's price, but no choice. Kaya balik kami sa conventional AT on our next car.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast