New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonub View Post
    Then get a manual trans if they have one

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Ang problem naman ng manual TDCi Focus is the very expensive dual mass flywheel which is unfortunately a wear and tear item so eventually will need to be replaced. I heard its around P70K at the very least a pop...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Patay. Toyota na Lang ulit ako

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Was looking at the Ecosport as possible next purchase. Having read the horror stories on the transmission, I'm passing. Can't afford the stress anymore. Yes, Toyota na lang ulit, kahit boring, di naman sasakit ulo at bulsa.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj_abs View Post
    My friend at ford told me that the supplier of the powershift transmission of ford vehicles ( focus, fiesta and ecosport) is not "GETRAG" anymore. Bago na daw. Mas safe pa din ang manual.

Yep! That's true. Its Dong Feng of China.
    But its Getrag technology, licensed to be built in China. So technically, true yun sinabi ng friend mo and technically, from Getrag pa rin transmission nila. :D

http://europe.autonews.com/article/2...plant-in-china

Ok naman Getrag transmission, just not the Dry Clutch type na DCT. Wet Clutch DCT's are ok, I think. Go for normal AT or CVT muna. Reliable sila, except the ones with the old Honda City.
    Last edited by istan; July 27th, 2014 at 12:33 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Sir, kamusta na po ang transmission ng 2009 TDCi nyo? May issue din po kasi ang 2009 TDCi ko sa transmission although sa mekaniko outside ng casa ko pinatingnan. Sa arangkada po kasi bigla siya bumubudyok pero hindi naman palagi ang sabi nga nila agad saken is papalitan daw ng transmission na alam ko na halos isang kotse na 2nd hand na din ang price. Saan po kayo nagpagawa ng transmission and magkano ang inabot. Salamat po.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBron View Post
    Sir, kamusta na po ang transmission ng 2009 TDCi nyo? May issue din po kasi ang 2009 TDCi ko sa transmission although sa mekaniko outside ng casa ko pinatingnan. Sa arangkada po kasi bigla siya bumubudyok pero hindi naman palagi ang sabi nga nila agad saken is papalitan daw ng transmission na alam ko na halos isang kotse na 2nd hand na din ang price. Saan po kayo nagpagawa ng transmission and magkano ang inabot. Salamat po.
    Focus ba yan sir?

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    anyone encountered powershift TCM and clutch actuator failure?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sher_winpig View Post
    Me sir. Thats why i sold my fofi already. Headache.. Sayang sarap pa naman drive

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sher_winpig View Post
    Ford replaced the TCM for free because the car was shuddering and not able to reverse. After 1 month same thing happens. Then Ford is now charging 14500 for labor for pull down transmission. And when they opened the transmission they are charging 76500 for 2 shift forks and release bearings. They showed the transmission where the insides were full of rust. They said it is caused sa paglusong sa baha. To think that they were advertising the Ecosport having 550mm wading height. I answered if it's baha why then other components are not affected by floodwaters. Then they said that it might be to tilamsik of rainwater. To think that the Dry type DCT250 should be sealed for 10 years and Ford in other countries has extended the warranty for transmission for 7 years. Here its a robbery.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by eljo3025 View Post
    Ford replaced the TCM for free because the car was shuddering and not able to reverse. After 1 month same thing happens. Then Ford is now charging 14500 for labor for pull down transmission. And when they opened the transmission they are charging 76500 for 2 shift forks and release bearings. They showed the transmission where the insides were full of rust. They said it is caused sa paglusong sa baha. To think that they were advertising the Ecosport having 550mm wading height. I answered if it's baha why then other components are not affected by floodwaters. Then they said that it might be to tilamsik of rainwater. To think that the Dry type DCT250 should be sealed for 10 years and Ford in other countries has extended the warranty for transmission for 7 years. Here its a robbery.
    We get the message, but you're spamming already.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910