New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    You should write a physical letter with copies addressed and sent to all the people involved including the brand manager. Send it via LBC (or other registered mail options). You might also want to check with your lawyer on your rights (and if you do have a lawyer on retainer include a "CC" to your lawyer). This will show them you are serious and will not just go away if they ignore you long enough.
    Good idea, thanks. A physical letter would have a different feel from all the emails I've been sending.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by babynos01 View Post
    Sir, try mo magpalit ng casa tapos pa-diagnose mo sa kanila.
    Nagloko din kasi before transmission ng Tucson namin e. Lagi siya nasa third gear.

Hyundai Manila Bay wanted to change the whole transmission kaagad. Because of this, i opted to look for various solutions.
    Pinadiagnose ko sa ibang casa, tapos hiningi ko yung report. Nung nalaman kung ano sira, bumili ako sa casa (kasi per order basis, from korea pa).
    Then pinagawa nalang namin sa transmission expert.

All in all, nasa 40K nagastos. Pero kung hindi ko dinala sa casa (car first stayed for 3 days, no improvements so i pulled it out), nasa 25K to 30K lang including parts and labor.
    Hi Babynos,

Thank you. Kung hindi pa madiagnose ng current casa soon will try bringing elsewhere. May contact number po kayo ng transmission expert na ginamit nyo?

Thanks!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pator View Post
    This is scary. Napakamahal pala ng powershift transmission ng Ford.
    As GH says... buying and importing a new tranny from the casa is no joke.

This is why Ford has issued clutch repair kits for the Fiesta... as sealed units like the older Powershift and Honda's Jazz and City CVT are a big issue when a customer needs a replacement.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by butterpear View Post
    Hi Babynos,

Thank you. Kung hindi pa madiagnose ng current casa soon will try bringing elsewhere. May contact number po kayo ng transmission expert na ginamit nyo?

Thanks!
    Taga fortunata siya e. Pero the last time na pumunta kami, lumipat na daw sabi nung taga sari sari store.
    Puro transmission lang ginagawa niya, basta importante lang daw may diagnosis nang computer para malaman ano sira.
    Pero syempre, kapag ganito na ang sira ng kotse, sa CASA kaagad tayo lumalapit kasi sila lang ang may gamit.

Pero magkaiba kasi tayo ng case. Yung amin stuck tranny, yung sayo sir e burned oil. Panigurado magkaibang component din ang nasira.

If i were you sir, hihingi ako ng diagnosis sa ibang casa. Yung iba kasi, pera lang ang importante.
    On my case, isang solenoid valve lang nasira which costs 3.5K. Pero i changed all 5 kaya inabot ako ng 18K.
    Isipin mo sir, Hyunda Manila Bay wants to change the whole tranny kaagad pero iisang pyesa lang ang sira.
    Now my trannys still working good after 3 years.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    This is scary nga.. Ive been looking for 2nd hand Focus with PS pa naman, as it seems, very risky talaga.

Does the Manual Focus TDCI have some kind of issues like this one?

Good luck to the TS, sana may positive reply from FGP.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    As GH says... buying and importing a new tranny from the casa is no joke.

This is why Ford has issued clutch repair kits for the Fiesta... as sealed units like the older Powershift and Honda's Jazz and City CVT are a big issue when a customer needs a replacement.
    Hi Niky, do you think the black transmission oil and vibration in my Focus could be symptoms of a burnt clutch?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by babynos01 View Post
    Taga fortunata siya e. Pero the last time na pumunta kami, lumipat na daw sabi nung taga sari sari store.
    Ok thank you babynos. Try ko ibang casa kung wala pang diagnosis within the next week or two.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Try posting on their facebook page Ford Philippines | Facebook

They won't like the bad publicity if they choose to ignore you.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by butterpear View Post
    Hi Niky, do you think the black transmission oil and vibration in my Focus could be symptoms of a burnt clutch?
    Possibly. If so, then they do owe you a replacement, since the unit is supposed to be completely maintenance free. Hate it when manufacturers release a non-serviceable part. Bad enough that electric power steering is unserviceable, those things cost a lot, but the Honda CVT and Ford wet-plate DCT are something else.

Quote Originally Posted by b0y37 View Post
    This is scary nga.. Ive been looking for 2nd hand Focus with PS pa naman, as it seems, very risky talaga.

Does the Manual Focus TDCI have some kind of issues like this one?

Good luck to the TS, sana may positive reply from FGP.
    Dual mass flywheel. Comes out of balance over time (all DMFs do, on Fords, on Nissans, on whatever the heck uses them) and the dealership will insist on a replacement when it does. The replacement costs 30k. But you can replace it with an SMF (just put up with extra vibration) or rebuild the DMF. I know of one guy who rebuilt his locally instead of replacing it. No problem.
    Last edited by niky; November 25th, 2012 at 08:44 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Rebuilding DMF's? Interesting. Carens 6M/T may.need do so.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast