New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    question is,

up to what extent can you pay for a pair of foglamps ?

20k is waaayyy to much. if i had that much money, i'd spend that on garyq's bolt on projectors for the headlamps which can produce MORE light unlike the foglamps which produce if not useless, less light.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    question is,

20k is waaayyy to much. if i had that much money, i'd spend that on garyq's bolt on projectors for the headlamps which can produce MORE light unlike the foglamps which produce if not useless, less light.
    Yes this is the way to go. You're going to spend that much na din, might as well have it retrofitted nalang. That way, you won't feel ripped off.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    As the owner of a Fiesta Sport with oem fogs...I can tell you that they are definately NOT worth 20K.
    I am very fussy about my lights, and these are just not up to the job.
    Light output is very short, and only lights up the foreground, as they are basic reflector lights. Even a basic projector light, like vivafoxpro's, will have better output (with the correct bulbs installed). You will also get a better "cutoff" with a projector.
    I have Osram Nightbreaker Plus bulbs installed in my fogs, and they still suck. Just light up the deadspot in front if the car only, with no reach into the distance. I will be upgrading mine in the future. The only bonus in having them installed as stock is that the wiring and switch is installed ready for an upgrade.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    how much will retrofits cost?

i may have to find a shop around cavite that does this service..
    i am unsure of any at the moment. anybody here know a shop from cavite?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    question is,

Do you know which dealer has them? Yes, 20K is a bit too much for foglights. Ford Alabang quoted P9K for OEM foglights. Again, their word is unreliable, so please don't quote me. ;) Retrofitting is quite tempting, but we are constrained from going out of 'casa' because of the warranty. I guess it's a waiting game for me then.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kevo888 View Post
    As the owner of a Fiesta Sport with oem fogs...I can tell you that they are definately NOT worth 20K.
    I am very fussy about my lights, and these are just not up to the job.
    Light output is very short, and only lights up the foreground, as they are basic reflector lights. Even a basic projector light, like vivafoxpro's, will have better output (with the correct bulbs installed). You will also get a better "cutoff" with a projector.
    I have Osram Nightbreaker Plus bulbs installed in my fogs, and they still suck. Just light up the deadspot in front if the car only, with no reach into the distance. I will be upgrading mine in the future. The only bonus in having them installed as stock is that the wiring and switch is installed ready for an upgrade.
    Because fogs aren't made for forward output.

The output is more on the sides of the car.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Because fogs aren't made for forward output.

The output is more on the sides of the car.
    Fogs are made for a low forward output. The reason is, a light that scatters does not cut through the fog, and "blinds" the driver, illuminating the water particles that make up the fog.
    The light should be low to "see underneath" the fog, hence the need for a projector light with a defined "cutoff". Coming from the UK, I am well used to fog
    The Fiesta fogs will only make you more visible, and not help your ability to see better in foggy weather.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
possible FOGS for FIESTA Trend?