New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi! I'm planning to buy a second hand ford lynx ghia. The seller showed me xerox copy of the OR. I noticed that the car color was indicated as gold but the car is actually silver in color. I check the plate no using lto 2600 and there was no lto alarm, color is gold also. Should I be checking this with the local authorities first or is this normal? Please help first time buyer. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    For buying 2nd hand car to be safe, ask the seller that he should provide PNP clearance from Crame for alarm check with you present. The color indicated on the OR maybe just a clerical error and some time car manufacturers naming car colors weirdly sometime Gold or Beige they call it silver. You should ask the seller also notarize deed of absolute sale.
    It is always safer to buy a 2nd hand car from the 1st owner.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell View Post
    For buying 2nd hand car to be safe, ask the seller that he should provide PNP clearance from Crame for alarm check with you present. The color indicated on the OR maybe just a clerical error and some time car manufacturers naming car colors weirdly sometime Gold or Beige they call it silver. You should ask the seller also notarize deed of absolute sale.
    It is always safer to buy a 2nd hand car from the 1st owner.

Thanks Larshell!

Official Receipt different car color