New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    So does it mean it might make our shores?

Auto Express says that the next-generation Ford Mustang will fall under the Blue Oval’s “One Ford” strategy. The cost-cutting plan means that, like with the new Fiesta and Focus, the Mustang will be designed to sell in multiple countries around the world with minimal changes. The decision means the future Mustang, likely to bow by 2014, will reportedly be built in right-hand-drive form for export to the U.K., Japan, and Australia. As we previously reported, Ford is breaking with tradition and soliciting design input for the next Mustang from studios around the world, including those in Europe and Australia. Until now, the Ford Mustang has been styled exclusively by Ford’s American studios and for the American market. A more cohesive global image might help the car appeal to customers around the world.

Report: Next Ford Mustang will be Global Model, Have Independent Rear Suspension - Rumor Central

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    nice! pag sobrang ganda ng pricing neto.. eto na instead of genesis! go ford!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Maybe, but even non-global US Fords make it here like the Expedition and Explorer, Ford Philippines just doesn't want to focus on niche markets, I guess. (Its probably easier to sell a large 7-seater SUV than a 4-seater coupe)
    But I do hope they sell the Mustang here.

Ford is currently selling the LHD Mustang in Japan, Japanese seem to like it when they get a foreign car in its original LHD form, for them they see it as being more "authentic" or something like that.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Maybe, but even non-global US Fords make it here like the Expedition and Explorer, Ford Philippines just doesn't want to focus on niche markets, I guess. (Its probably easier to sell a large 7-seater SUV than a 4-seater coupe)
    But I do hope they sell the Mustang here.
    I think its really more of an exception rather than a rule. You know our politicians right? They love to bully people on the road so those large American SUV's have their following here. We are the only Asian country where Ford is officially selling cars that have those American SUV's and the E-150...

Pero if the Mustang become a ONE FORD vehicle the chances are now much higher... Or if they don't bring it here we can import from Malaysia, Thailand, or Indonesia which would be cheaper than importing from the US...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    I think its really more of an exception rather than a rule. You know our politicians right? They love to bully people on the road so those large American SUV's have their following here. We are the only Asian country where Ford is officially selling cars that have those American SUV's and the E-150...

Pero if the Mustang become a ONE FORD vehicle the chances are now much higher... Or if they don't bring it here we can import from Malaysia, Thailand, or Indonesia which would be cheaper than importing from the US...
    5M sa grey market yung brand new GT500.

Magkano kaya yung standard na mustang ? Hmmm

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I don't think the Expedition is the exception... dami din bumibili ng Suburban na bago.

I've seen dozens of current-gen Suburbans on the streets. Camaros? Not a single one...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by solomondavid View Post
    nice! pag sobrang ganda ng pricing neto.. eto na instead of genesis! go ford!
    Sana nga it will give the GC a good fight for the happiness of the motoring public here in the PI.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    mustang gt around 2.9M.. nakita ko lang sa fcp trading halls. yung gt500 ang bilis mabenta.. supersnake wala ata sila.. real monster!

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    yeah, ive seen a couple of camaro's lately, a yellow, a silver, and black. Ford should consider din, niche ba :D

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    yeah dito sa marikina antipolo madalas akong may nakakasalubong.. red camaro with black stripes. :D meron din naka mustang na conv. madalas kasama family. astig.

Next Ford Mustang going GLOBAL