New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hey tsikoters anyone knows about the new Ford Focus Diesel to be release here in our country kc ang alam ko sa Europe matagal na na- release ito, Any idea about the price ang specs? im surehataw ito powerfull and matipid kc Diesel eh. Tnx

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    All newbies, repeat after me: "I solemnly swear to use the Search function first, before posting a new thread in the tsikot.com forums."

For discussions about the new Ford Focus TDCi, please refer to this thread:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...s.+Diesel.+Now.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    All newbies, repeat after me: "I solemnly swear to use the Search function first, before posting a new thread in the tsikot.com forums."

For discussions about the new Ford Focus TDCi, please refer to this thread:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt....+Diesel.+Now.

"I solemnly swear to use the Search function first, before posting a new thread in the tsikot.com forums." Ok sori abwt dat anyway sir if you have d rights 2 delete dis thread its ok to me. Tnx again. More power

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    January 12, 2008
    Mr. Richie S. Xavier
    Ford Global City

Your website seemed to have been hacked so I faxed this just in case my email does not reach you.
    To: info*fordglobalcity.com
    Cc: fipwebph*ford.com
    Subject: Focus on the Customer
    Dealer: Ford Global City
    Refs: Customer # 29376 and OR # AZ5427 dtd 09/01/08

(Instead of writing this email I'd rather watch TV)

02 Jan - visited showroom. AD: - New Focus 100kph in I forgot how many seconds.
    03 Jan - Test drive and ordered 1 unit. Paid reservation fee.
    08 Jan - Unit arrived at dealer
    09 Jan - Cash paid the unit. Applied for insurance 11am but could not insure since record not yet with LTO. INFORMED THE SALESMAN the problem. Promised.
    10 Jan - Unit delivered. Promised again.
    11 Jan - Salesman txted. Promised again.
    - 1600h - Called up office of Mr Xavier. Secretary promised to give feedback.

I could not use the car without the insurance and I have to recall my other car which I gave to my daughter.

It is stupid but I still wonder why it is taking this long for a big company with so many cars to bring the document to LTO.

I was promised also by the parts department to be informed when parts for my Escape is available (2 items with parts and 1 item with accessories) but this is a minor matter. Maybe it is not yet available, and the 2 to 3 days was just a promise.

Also Ford was able to contact me both on PLDT and cel when my Lynx and Escape were due for maintenance.

Additionally, it will help if there is sufficient fuel for maybe one day use so that I can be at ease in traffic when I gas up for the first time.

If you check your records I have contributed to your revenues and did not expect to be bothered at all.
    I promised my wife that we go to church and have the new car blessed, now I also break my promise. She can not understand why.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by noelhingco View Post
    January 12, 2008
    Mr. Richie S. Xavier
    Ford Global City

Your website seemed to have been hacked so I faxed this just in case my email does not reach you.
    To: info*fordglobalcity.com
    Cc: fipwebph*ford.com
    Subject: Focus on the Customer
    Dealer: Ford Global City
    Refs: Customer # 29376 and OR # AZ5427 dtd 09/01/08

(Instead of writing this email I'd rather watch TV)

02 Jan - visited showroom. AD: - New Focus 100kph in I forgot how many seconds.
    03 Jan - Test drive and ordered 1 unit. Paid reservation fee.
    08 Jan - Unit arrived at dealer
    09 Jan - Cash paid the unit. Applied for insurance 11am but could not insure since record not yet with LTO. INFORMED THE SALESMAN the problem. Promised.
    10 Jan - Unit delivered. Promised again.
    11 Jan - Salesman txted. Promised again.
    - 1600h - Called up office of Mr Xavier. Secretary promised to give feedback.

I could not use the car without the insurance and I have to recall my other car which I gave to my daughter.

It is stupid but I still wonder why it is taking this long for a big company with so many cars to bring the document to LTO.

I was promised also by the parts department to be informed when parts for my Escape is available (2 items with parts and 1 item with accessories) but this is a minor matter. Maybe it is not yet available, and the 2 to 3 days was just a promise.

Also Ford was able to contact me both on PLDT and cel when my Lynx and Escape were due for maintenance.

Additionally, it will help if there is sufficient fuel for maybe one day use so that I can be at ease in traffic when I gas up for the first time.

If you check your records I have contributed to your revenues and did not expect to be bothered at all.
    I promised my wife that we go to church and have the new car blessed, now I also break my promise. She can not understand why.
    i am confused why this is here....

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I was looking into the Ford Focus and seem to recall a thread where they did a road test here in the Phils between the Toyota Prius Hybrid vs the Ford Focus CRDI. Parang naging comparable daw ang performance ng CRDI sa hybrid, but can't seem to find it now. Has anyone confirmed this?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    it's at www.bigbigcar.com

The focus did lose on the actual fuel efficiency test.

but with the price difference against the prius, it meant that the focus driver would have over 1 million to spend for diesel. hehehe

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post

but with the price difference against the prius, it meant that the focus driver would have over 1 million to spend for diesel. hehehe

Yan nga yata yung article na efficient diesels are the 3rd world's equivalent of the hybrid ... only faster. hahaha.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post

My memory is fuzzy but from what I remember:

The Prius and Focus both got around 20 km/l in highway cruising.

In crawling traffic, the Focus got around 11 km/l and the Prius around 15 km/l.

In ordinary commuting, the Focus got between 13-16 km/l, while the Prius actually got better... at around 21-23 km/l.

It's all down to the hybrid system. The Prius's hybrid system requires pulse and glide techniques and start-stop conditions to generate electricity. In really heavy traffic, where you're not going fast enough to regenerate on braking, the Prius is not really much more efficient than a regular 1.5 liter engine... give it an hour in summer heat with the aircon on, and you'll drain the batteries.

On the highway, constant cruising at speed uses gasoline only. You're going too fast to use electricity, and you're not braking, so you're not charging the battery.

But in regular moderate traffic, the Prius is hugely efficient, as stop and go stoplight traffic regenerates the batteries. Unfortunately, yes, it's near 1m more than a Focus, which is faster, more fun to drive and feels much more secure in handling. The Prius has a nicer back seat, though... but that's about it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

The New Ford Focus Diesel (CRDI)