New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How long does it take for them to decide whether a crashed unit is declared a total loss or is subject to repair?

The Focus that crashed (single vehicle mishap) on the STAR Tollway has been in Ford Alabang for quite a while. Dealer says they are still undecided whether to declare it a total loss.

Does anyone here on the forum know anyone we could contact to to expedite the process [and to possibly just write the unit off ]?

Thanks.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    I am not 100% confident with my take on this but might as well give it a try. Try looking for Dave Malbog. He is the service supervisor who can possibly help you expedite the costing of the parts and labor that the insurance will have to bear. After their submission to your insurance adjuster, they will then determine a certain percentage of the total cost before they declare it a total loss. Tell Dave you were referred by someone from FCP. If it doesn't work, my cousin is the liaison between FGP and Ford Alabang but he is on vacation right now. Let me know if this does not work and I will be calling someone as our last resort. Just give me the details i.e. name of owner, insurance, plate number and will try to work on it. No promises but best effort will be put forward.

Last question chief, if you were the adjuster, will you consider it a total loss based from what you have seen?

HTH.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks. Will take your advice. If that doesn't work, I'll give you the details asap.

For me, it really looks like a write off. Will try to take a more detailed look if I can swing by Alabang.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    AFAIK, it should be 50% of the current bluebook value of the vehicle or thereabouts. But if there's frame damage (if the car is visibly bent out of shape torsionally and not just in the crumple zones) that's an automatic total loss, or should be, as they can't assure the safety of the crash structure anymore.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    shouldnt it be the insurance company to make the decision of total loss or not? since they will be the one reimbursing the owner..

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by slip-slick
    shouldnt it be the insurance company to make the decision of total loss or not? since they will be the one reimbursing the owner..

The service center will still have to present a quotation so the insurance will know the final cost before they make a decision.

7. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade
    The service center will still have to present a quotation so the insurance will know the final cost before they make a decision.
    then i would think ford will "encourage" the insurance towards total loss since there will be potential for another new unit being sold, for the replacement of the crashed focus.

Need Assistance with Ford Alabang