New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Im planning to buy a used car and ford lynx is in my list. can someone give me the pros and cons on buying this car tnx....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    which particular model of the LYNX?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pochi22 View Post
    Im planning to buy a used car and ford lynx is in my list. can someone give me the pros and cons on buying this car tnx....
    to compare ford lynx ghia03,,toyota altis03,,honda civic03 performance wise i can say ford lynx is at par wd the the other brands considering its features as well ur in for a sure buy im speaking base on my experience

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Versus other 03 cars...

The Lynx 1.6 AT is pretty thirsty for its class... probably comparable to the 1.6 AT Sentra... the 1.6 MT is better, but still not close to the class-leaders, the Civic and the Corolla.

As compared to those other cars, the Lynx is on the small side, with limited rear-seat room. It's not Sentra-small, but smaller than the bigger cars out there...

Where the Lynx shines is in on-road behavior and toys. The Lynx is a stable and forgiving car to drive, with better handling than most cars in its class. The Ghia has a CD-changer, sunroof, all-leather, power mirrors and rear sun-shades.

Given current secondhand prices, a Lynx Ghia 1.6 MT is good value for money. I'd stay away from the AT due to economy and maintenance considerations (but then, I'd stay away from secondhand Civic and Corolla automatics, read that as you will). Parts are not as easy to find as some other cars, but there are a couple of shops in Banaue that carry everything from transmission parts to electronics (cam position sensors, throttles, IACVs, MAFs, ignition coils, etcetera) for the Lynx.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    tnx for the replies. id make it more specific. i was planning on buying a 2000 to 2002 model of lynx. i was hoping to find out what are the common problems this car encounters and is it hard to maintain? i can see that it looks really classy and is a comfortable car. i was hoping to find out its maintanace issues.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The most common issue is the camshaft position sensor. You'll only need to replace it once, but when it goes bad, the car can die in hot traffic, which is pretty inconvenient.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    tnx po sa mga sagot sirs.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I had 2000 and 2001 lynx, both of them are A/T and didn't bother me considering long distance driving to zambales every week. The thing is when you know that car is well maintained and with records to support it , you actually bought your peace along with the car. My consideration to buying cars are engine and comfort and am very happy that its engine is very powerful, yet matipid sa gas,.Aircon is excellent and interior is really elegant plus very roomy. I was coached that whenever I have problems especially electrical and engine/trans. matters you could always have it checked at casa, bayad ka lang chek up fee then ipagawa mo sa labas at your trusted mechanic, you can buy genuine parts in Mazford, sa banawe at price real way lower than in casa...

Need advice on ford lynx