New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Hi To All Tsikoters!

First of all, I just joined Tsikot today because I think you are the best people who can help me decide kung ano magiging 1st ever car ko.

With almost 1yr of searching, I think I found the car I love -- 2005 Ford Escape XLS. I have few questions though and I hope you can somehow give me a good opinion to make me think. My Questions are:

1. The price tag given to me is 450k, reasonable ba?
    2. Ano yung pros and cons ng model na to? ano kadalasan nagiging problem?
    3. Mahal ba talaga yung maintenance ng american cars like Ford? Wla bang alternatives sa Banawe for parts?
    4. Whats the best compact SUV for you Value for money wise?

Salamat sa inyo!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    nice another Escape owner like me.....

450k on a 2005 model escape not bad, just double check on the background of the unit..

other details and pros and cons u may want to try logging in at

Ford Club of the Philippines - Built Ford Tough

see you there

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Thanks for that Bro. appreciate it!

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    you have to check bro if it is 2.0 or 2.3 i have both of them. 2.3 is much better and much efficient rather than 2.0 mas matipid din sa fuel consumption since it has better torque than 2.0. but in general they are both good. mine was maintained by euro_care motors somewhere in fairview area you can reach them at 7382821 they treat your unit and their clients too personal.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Ano ang maeexpect na FC sa mga model ng year na ito?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    up for this thread. a fellow forumer is selling a 2006 escape for 430k NEG. whats the FC? how is the maintenance?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    According to my research, underpowered daw yung 2.0 because of the heavy body.

Best value daw yung 2.3L variant. City driving would give you 6-7km/l and can go as high as 5km/l on worse traffic condition.

How about considering Nissan Xtrail? Almost same year to price range comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Need Advice: Ford Escape XLS 2005