New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    monopoly yan eh, kailangan may masira para mabenta ang piyesa.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The sound of fuel sloshing is not something I've heard of or experienced myself in any TDCi. Care to elaborate?

The chintzy trim plastic is a common issue. But adhesive coming out is not.

As for the suspension... Ford Global? Again? Not the first time I've heard complaints about that casa...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    hala mukhang dami problema ang ford ah sa casa

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The sound of fuel sloshing is not something I've heard of or experienced myself in any TDCi. Care to elaborate?

The chintzy trim plastic is a common issue. But adhesive coming out is not.

As for the suspension... Ford Global? Again? Not the first time I've heard complaints about that casa...

sloshing?.. is parang splashing sound ba? i think this issue is solely sa ford focus, and not ford ranger. when i reverse, and strongly apply the brakes in abrupt succession, no doiubt about it the sloshing sound is there

ive given up on this already. im realy lost and dont know what to do. the ford focus has so many rattles for a newly acquired car.i thought of changing tires to quietier tires pero ive run only 11k kms..

kanina lang, may bagong rattles coming from front dashboard, rear seats, rear windows. my gawd this car feels cheap!

im thinking of putting dynamat in all interior panels.. would this help?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by michael677 View Post
    sloshing?.. is parang splashing sound ba? i think this issue is solely sa ford focus, and not ford ranger. when i reverse, and strongly apply the brakes in abrupt succession, no doiubt about it the sloshing sound is there

ive given up on this already. im realy lost and dont know what to do. the ford focus has so many rattles for a newly acquired car.i thought of changing tires to quietier tires pero ive run only 11k kms..

kanina lang, may bagong rattles coming from front dashboard, rear seats, rear windows. my gawd this car feels cheap!

im thinking of putting dynamat in all interior panels.. would this help?
    Yup. Another owner at the Ford Club (http://forum.fordclubph.com) did this before for his audio install. Should help tremendously. But even simple foam inserted between the panels should help.

The tires are really bad. I've never really liked Eagle NCTs... though the NCT5s are better than the NCT3s.

Strange... you shouldn't be able to hear the fuel tank from inside... perhaps there's something wrong with your insulation? Maybe the car was dismantled at some point in the casa and they returned everything wrong? Hmmm... I know that you can check with FGP for when your unit was delivered to the casa... you could bump your complaints up to the head office if it's really bad.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    The sloshing sound could be water trapped inside the doors when the drainage hole is blocked.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Lemon.

Parang ganto lang:

13 Day Old Brand New Ford Focus TDCi Just Died

baka lang makatulong.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    buti nalang Focus ito dahil personally I like this car although I don't own one, pero kung Toyota or Honda ito...

anyway, ito assessments ko TS, hope it can help you.

front suspension lagutok - maybe greasing lang like brake caliper pins etc, start with the basics first. you can go to Zee Carplus for this, I recommend them (Disclaimer : hindi nila ako ka-ano ano)

splashing sound sa tank - either make it a habit that it is always full or... pabaklas niyo yung seats/carpet then put some deadening mat. this is also to check, baka binaklas nga iyang sasakyan niyo before.

brakes - spray it with a brake cleaner, pwede na rin actually ang hose ng water, baka may debris lang.

rattles - as of now ang pinakamagagawa mo lang dito ay i-observe kung ano yung mga nagrarattle then examine them pa-isa-isa

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    If I can help sir michael677

1.) front suspension problem (either cv joint, shocks, rackend..)
    Difficult to pinpoint but you can get a second opinion from other car shops aside from casa

2.) noisy brake (not the typical grinding sound). imagine cracking a chicken bone open. GANUN! KAKAIRITA
    - Applying silicon grease on the brake components will eliminate this sound if not it could be the brake pads itself moving within the calipers.

3.) rear windows rattle
    - insulation on the door panels would help

4.) fuel tank noise -- you could hear the fuel swimming inside when you're on an incline or braking
    - there could be trapped water in one of your doors in the focus. Probably barado lang ung drain on both sides of the door. Happened to me once sinundot ko lang ng susi lumabas ung lahat ng tubig.

5.) cheap build quality in interior --sa showroom its all nice. but i soon noticed rubber and rugby sa mga panels coming out
    - baka nabibilad ung auto niyo sir sa araw? once of the reasons rubber components and rugby from the panels is coming out.

HTH

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by michael677 View Post
    acquired Ford focus tdci hatch on June 2010. now with 11, 500kms.

long list of problems so far:

1.) front suspension problem (either cv joint, shocks, rackend..)
    2.) noisy brake (not the typical grinding sound). imagine cracking a chicken bone open. GANUN! KAKAIRITA
    3.) rear windows rattle
    4.) fuel tank noise -- you could hear the fuel swimming inside when you're on an incline or braking
    5.) cheap build quality in interior --sa showroom its all nice. but i soon noticed rubber and rugby sa mga panels coming out

this car is a big disapointment. excited pa naman ako when i first got it. i should have bought a japanese sedan instead!

one thing i really like sa focus, handling sharp as a knife.. endless power.. fuel economy.. good looks

lesson learned: try to stay away from cars made in the philippines. if this were CBU or made in thailand, hindi siguro ganun
    Malas mo naman bro, kabago bagong sasakyan puro sakit sa ulo...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
the many problems of owning a ford focus