New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by carloi
    kmusta naman yung durability. balita ko mga lynx suffer from poor materials, squeaky sounds, and just general failures?
    i think no one here has experience pa sa durability, poor materials, squeaky sounds tsaka general failures ng new Lynx. bago pa kasi yan so kung meron man, tsaka pa lang lalabas yung mga problems nyan.

what i can share to you is yung performance and yung problems ng Lynx na luma. dito sa office, may company cars kami na Lynx. ok naman yung mga materials nya, no squeaky sounds came out during the first two years of the car (Model 2001 sya) and the performance is just ok. ang nagiging problem lang namin dito sa office is medyo mahirap kumuha and maghanap ng spare parts, outside of the casa.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    re: spare parts: dami niyan sa banawe... autorama immediately comes to mind, they specialize in mazda parts (and yes, the lynx IS a mazda...)

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    benchph1,

torquey 2.0 engine + manual transmission + compact bodyshell = pocket rocket

only con i know is the fuel efficiency. a lynx ghia with a DOHC 1.6 returns an average of 6-7 kms. per liter and the lynx has a 2.0 engine. do the math......
    the efficiency probably won't be that bad!
    i'm now getting between 6-8 km with my mazda 626 (2.0L DOHC mazda FS-E). the lynx RS uses a distributorless and higher-compression version of this engine (2.0L DOHC mazda FS-D) so the fuel economy will probably be similar (but worse..) 6.7 km on a 1.6 lynx is kinda average but a bit low.. an equivalent mazda familia 1.6 GLX gets about 7-8 (the non-RS lynx is a Gen3 mazda familia, with the same B6 engine as the Gen2 and Gen2.5 familia's).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    fuel efficient ba ang lynx rs?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Lynx RS