New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Does anyone know what the km/l of the Focus Diesel is?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Base on what I read in FCP around 10km/L in the city... May iba kaya 12km/L pag they put effort into it...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    kaya nga. nag lalabas na lang sila ng diesel engine kasi sa other countries wala nang diesel so dito tinatambak

4. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by htc8p View Post
    kaya nga. nag lalabas na lang sila ng diesel engine kasi sa other countries wala nang diesel so dito tinatambak
    new diesels are really really good. drove a bmw 520d, 2 liter... ganda. its my titos car and he upgraded from a 325i gas.

he also drives a 650 as his main car in the US... and hindi sha bitin sa 2.0 diesel.

also rode in a focus tdci some time back. its fast. tipid pa daw sa gas.. este diesel.

US lang talaga walang diesel. EU has a LOT of new diesel cars.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Base on what I read in FCP around 10km/L in the city... May iba kaya 12km/L pag they put effort into it...
    Wow. That's impressive. Ang Altis, which is 1.6L mga ganyan din eh.

Ang FD is lesser. And yet, grabe ang torque ng TDCi. :thumbup:

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    That's the advantage of the TDCi. Of course penalty during maintenance, cost of the cars and if ever repairs. Kais yung mga parts ng TDCi mahal sobra so better pray walang masira after warranty or sana kung meron within warranty or else...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post
    new diesels are really really good. drove a bmw 520d, 2 liter... ganda. its my titos car and he upgraded from a 325i gas.

he also drives a 650 as his main car in the US... and hindi sha bitin sa 2.0 diesel.

also rode in a focus tdci some time back. its fast. tipid pa daw sa gas.. este diesel.

US lang talaga walang diesel. EU has a LOT of new diesel cars.
    Sobrang strict kasi talaga emmission standards ng US especially sa SOOT or yung smoke. Sa Euro kasi all they care about is CARBON EMISSIONS for the most part which diesel has now been able to overcome. Sa US CO2 and yung soot which diesel has a lot kaya hirap pumasa mga diesel sa US even though a lot of car manufacturers want to sell diesel in the US...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    so it looks like i have no choice but to choose within Ford (for now)...boss' orders (pls dont ask why)

i have now limited my choices to ford focus. the fiesta is just too small.

my choices are
    2.0 gas a/t sedan
    1.8 gas a/t sedan
    2.0 diesel a/t sedan (really not that fond of diesel)

i like some of the traditional features in the focus.

i havent taken the test drive. i told the dealer that i wanted 2 test drives (1 city and 1 highway) she just sighed and scheduled. maybe they really need the sale.

im going to look at the fuel economy, power, comfort and the insulation.

i noticed that the hood has no insulation. does that mean the engine will be noisier? does it have insulation at the bottom and at the doors to minimize noise from outside?

so far the inside looks bigger than the altis. so at least thats good.

on paper, it has more torque than the altis but has the same horsepower as the altis.

the seats seem as hard as the civic's so thats a minus. (1 hour ka pa lang sa daan eh na pupudpod na pwet mo)

im planning to use this car for 10 years. frankly, is Ford the right choice?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Nope....

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    so it looks like i have no choice but to choose within Ford (for now)...boss' orders (pls dont ask why)

Your boss must be a Ford shareholder!

Anyway its not really easy to say if Ford is the best vehicle for long term ownership. Many say go for Toyota and Honda but they too are just relying on old data cause none of the current Toyota and Honda have lived 10 years. Pero I firmly believe the new Ford's (ONE FORD era) are made better. ONE FORD is not just marketing or common products for the whole globe, its a way of doing business for the new and revitalized Ford.

So if I were you to be honest, wait for the new 2012 Ford Focus (ONE FORD)...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
looking outside japan for the first time