New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums...pic=12391&st=0

Same procedure for our Asean Fiesta as UK one. Only projector headlight is different, but bulbs/bodywork is the same.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    has anyone tried the philips x-treme vision? thinking of upgrading to it. for both low beam and high bea,/

just want to know how it really compares to the stock fiesta headlights.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post
    has anyone tried the philips x-treme vision? thinking of upgrading to it. for both low beam and high bea,/

just want to know how it really compares to the stock fiesta headlights.
    Yes I have. I have Philips x-treme vision in my high and low beam, and Osram Nighbreaker Plus in my fogs (as Philips don't make the x-treme vision in that size).
    Thats how I found the link, as I was eager to put my new bulbs in
    I would say that they are about 50% brighter than the stock bulbs.
    Funnily enough, the stock bulbs are Philips for high/low and Osram in the fogs also. The stock bulbs are "longlife" bulbs, which means they last a long time, but do not give great output.

Last night I was waiting to get out of MOA carpark after watching the fireworks, when a Chilli Orange Fiesta made for the exit before me. I could really see the difference in our lights then. Even my 9 yr old daughter commented on how much brighter my lights were.
    IMHO....worth every penny.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kevo888 View Post
    Yes I have. I have Philips x-treme vision in my high and low beam, and Osram Nighbreaker Plus in my fogs (as Philips don't make the x-treme vision in that size).
    Thats how I found the link, as I was eager to put my new bulbs in
    I would say that they are about 50% brighter than the stock bulbs.
    Funnily enough, the stock bulbs are Philips for high/low and Osram in the fogs also. The stock bulbs are "longlife" bulbs, which means they last a long time, but do not give great output.

Last night I was waiting to get out of MOA carpark after watching the fireworks, when a Chilli Orange Fiesta made for the exit before me. I could really see the difference in our lights then. Even my 9 yr old daughter commented on how much brighter my lights were.
    IMHO....worth every penny.
    you got the philips +80% x-treme vision bulbs? but they are just about 50% birghter? hehe. just want to confirm.. read that they arent really 80% brighter but i just want to make sure those are what you got.

also, are they white? hid white or just whiter than stock?

how are they when its raining hard? never toyed with my lights on my old beater car but i heard white is not so good with rain.

are they available locally? would you know any authorized dealer? how much if ever? heard that there are fakes.

sorry daming questions ... im sure a lot would want to know more about your experience with the install before they jump on the purchase.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    you got the philips +80% x-treme vision bulbs? but they are just about 50% birghter? hehe. just want to confirm.. read that they arent really 80% brighter but i just want to make sure those are what you got.
    Yes x-treme vision, the latest from Philips.
    80% is advertising talk, but they are around 50% brighter...according to my 9 yr old

also, are they white? hid white or just whiter than stock?
    No tungsten bulbs are white, and neither are these. The only way to make a tungsten bulb white is to "tint" the glass capsule (which reduces light output), or burn them at a ridiculously high voltage, and then they would burn out almost instantly.
    Hids are available in various color temperatures, but a regular philips 4300k hid bulb is whiter than tungsten bulbs.(I had these in my previous car).
    Most people here use crap china hids which are much cooler in color temperature.
    The Philips x-treme are very slightly whiter than a stock tungsten bulb...but the color is nice.

how are they when its raining hard? never toyed with my lights on my old beater car but i heard white is not so good with rain.
    Actually I find tungsten bulbs to be better than hids in the rain because of the warmer light. Personal preference really. But in general you are correct...the bluer the light, the less visibility you have, in rain, or in the dry.

are they available locally? would you know any authorized dealer? how much if ever? heard that there are fakes.
    I bought mine online from powerbulbs.com in the UK, as I always do, to ensure I get the real thing.

sorry daming questions ... im sure a lot would want to know more about your experience with the install before they jump on the purchase.
    No problems. For me there is a definate improvement over stock bulbs.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    nice find! thanks!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kevo888 View Post

No problems. For me there is a definate improvement over stock bulbs.

nice review and thanks for answering my questions.... hanap na lang ng stock locally. if anyone finds this... kindly let us know hehe.

im pretty much sold. had my doubts before but they are all gone now thanks to kevo. budget na lang and local source.

How to remove headlight/change bulbs on mk7 Fiesta