New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    This can be useful if you want to change your grill (as I did) or access foglights etc.

First remove your headlights (see this link for details of headlight removal and bulb replacement) – http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums...howtopic=12391

Summary - Remove 2 bolts at top and bottom of headlight, then remove 2 plastic plugs (circled in yellow)

Disconnect electrical connection using flat head screwdriver in slot.

Disconnect your foglights, if you have them, which can now be easily done with the headlights removed.
    Now where the headlights were you can now see the body work joint, Here the bumper is held to the wing by 3 10mm head screw bolts each side. A ratchet with an extension will remove the first bolt. If you have a ratchet with “flexible neck” extension, all 3 can be removed. If not, you may have to remove the plastic wheel arch lining to gain access to the 2 remaining bolts.

The wheel arch has a lining which has two torx t25 screws which fasten into the bumper the rest has several screw type plastic rivets clips use a pozi drive on the center pin(force two fingers up behind the lining between it and the chassis with preferably a finger either side of the clip to put pressure on it) turn this a quarter so it raises the center pin slightly and it should pop out, repeat and remove the lining.

From the wheel arch looking at the bodywork joint you now can easily remove the 2 lower screw bolts.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Continued -

Now under the bumper near the wheel arches remove the 2 plastic screws holding the bumper to a section of plastic trim which runs along the front underside beneath the radiator.

The bumper is now only held to the car by the “plastic locating pins” next to the 3 bodywork bolts we removed earlier, and 2 clips at the bottom near the radiator (shown here).
    The next part is a 2 man job. Pull the “plastic locating pins” from their holes in the bodywork and grip the bumper with one hand in the lower grill and the other somewhere at the top near the hood latch. Now carefully and controlled lift it up so the 2 clips at the bottom of the radiator clear their holes and move straight foward away from the car.

Congatulations you've removed your bumper.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Hey thanks Kevo! Actually read through that link before.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    ^^ haha! sir kevo888 is nearing the dark side. only thing missing is the "drilling"

ano si tingin mo sir vivafoxpro?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    I am not in the same league as sir Vivafoxpro. I normally only venture into the "dark side" if there is no other way. I had to remove my bumper, as it was the only way to install my new grille. And eventually, you will all have to change a lightbulb. Sir Vivafoxpro has balls of steel compared to me. All my posts abot bumper removal have been "borrowed" from other forums, with some additions from me. Sir Viva goes "where no man has been before".

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    kevo,

yung likod paano tanggalin,medyo na dis allign kase yung plastic nung fiesta sa rear

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    * sir kevo888: "where no man..." nyahahaha! i agree with your point. thanks anyway for the helpful link/guide.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by stync View Post
    kevo,

yung likod paano tanggalin,medyo na dis allign kase yung plastic nung fiesta sa rear
    I have not attempted to remove the rear bumper, and I don't know how...but a great source of info is on this UK forum -

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums...hp?showforum=1

I used this for the "Bulb change Guide" and half of the "Front Bumper Removal" info.
    The mk7 Fiesta in the UK is VERY similar to our asean version, if not exactly the same (regarding bodywork). My grille is a Euro/UK spec one, and it is exactly the same fit as ours. I am sure the rear is the same.
    If it has been done to a Mk7 Fiesta, you will find it on here, as they have had this model since 2008. They do not, however, have a sedan.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kevo888 View Post
    Summary - Remove 2 bolts at top and bottom of headlight, then remove 2 plastic plugs (circled in yellow)

Allow me to add based on a recent experience. The nut receiving that lower bolt is poorly attached to the plastic frame. The force of my hand on a TORX screw driver was able to dislodge that nut. Tightening should be done using the tips of your finger not with a fist clenching the screw driver. Just enough that the headlight stays put when you tug on it.

I needed to take out the metal nut out of the plastic frame, fill the hole with epoxy and insert the nut again.

A lesson learned to be more gentle than usual. "Pretty Young Queen" from Sir Hausteam seems fit in this situation.

How to remove bumper on mk7 Fiesta