New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    siguro yung conception galing sa japanese vs american casa prices.

quite honestly, ford's casa or labor cost hell of a lot more than toyota and honda. sa parts naman, oo mas mahal ang ford than toyota pero nasa range pa rin ng nissan.
    Really? We own both a Ford and a Honda, and there's not much difference in the PMS costs... (except that the Focus diesel takes a lot more oil than the CR-V...)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i just assumed that because when my friend did a PMS in ford alabang, its cost almost 7k. (ford ghia). the parts was ok but the labor cost was high considering it was a PMS service only. compared to our CR-V, it cost 5.5k. (honda makati)

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    i just assumed that because when my friend did a PMS in ford alabang, its cost almost 7k. (ford ghia). the parts was ok but the labor cost was high considering it was a PMS service only. compared to our CR-V, it cost 5.5k. (honda makati)
    Depends on what they put on the bill. Each bill should have a breakdown. Casas sometimes add "diagnostic tests" and "checkups" to the bill, so even if nothing is replaced, you're still paying for the check-up. This varies from casa to casa.

You may not know it till you check the bill, but they may charge you extra for electrical testing, brake cleaning, alignment testing and even engine diagnostics!

Unless you put both bills side-by-side and check the incidentals and what each casa makes you pay for, you won't know what's on there.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Depends on what they put on the bill. Each bill should have a breakdown. Casas sometimes add "diagnostic tests" and "checkups" to the bill, so even if nothing is replaced, you're still paying for the check-up. This varies from casa to casa.

You may not know it till you check the bill, but they may charge you extra for electrical testing, brake cleaning, alignment testing and even engine diagnostics!

Unless you put both bills side-by-side and check the incidentals and what each casa makes you pay for, you won't know what's on there.

well, quite honestly, it was a long time ago. maybe 1-2 years ago. i just assumed that because SUV should cost more PMS than a sedan. thats why my friend never went to casa again for maintenance. outside, it cost him around 2k. he thought 6-7k is normal for PMS. introduced him to pasay PMS and he was happy.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    18k for brakes alone, or including oil change and everything else? My oil change is around 6k flat.

Brake pads are really expensive at the casa... best to go outside.
    18K is just for brakes alone, aabutin pa raw ng 20k pati labor. anyway, pinakuha ko sa anak ko yung part number ng pads at buti binigay ng ford. at eto nakabili na ako ng brake pads dito sa ford parts dealer in saudi arabia. original ford parts and it costs me SR. 445.00 lang for the set (around PhP 5,429.00 only). at balak kong ako na lang mag install pag uwi ko sa october para libre na rin labor

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Really? We own both a Ford and a Honda, and there's not much difference in the PMS costs... (except that the Focus diesel takes a lot more oil than the CR-V...)
    Bakit po? Ilan po ba liters ng oil nilalagay sa focus tdci? Ganun din po ba sa lahat ng TDCi ng ford? Or sa focus lang, curious lang po.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    been reading the posts, very interesting ang discussion.

i have a stock 2006 ford focus 2.0L hatch myself. so far ang gastos ko pa lang po for maintenance is 8K+ for the 20K PMS (10K PMS is free). no repairs have been done whatsoever BUT magpapa-30K PMS ako baka next week and i will have some work done kasi may tumutunog na sa front passenger side ng auto. 95% city driven.

expensiveness is and reliability is subjective so you guys can probably include the info i shared to come up with your own conclusions.

ang angal ko lang talaga eh malakas sa gas. i'm lucky if i get 7.5km to a liter, walang harurot yan.

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    The prices of the parts are similar among other car brands. well, almost. We already had 3 Ford cars and the Maintenance and parts are only at Par with our Mitsubishi and nissan cars.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by digitel View Post
    Bakit po? Ilan po ba liters ng oil nilalagay sa focus tdci? Ganun din po ba sa lahat ng TDCi ng ford? Or sa focus lang, curious lang po.
    All turbodiesels use more oil than comparable-sized gasoline engines. I don't recall exactly, but I think the TDCi uses around 5-6 liters. My Lynx only uses 3.5.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
    18K is just for brakes alone, aabutin pa raw ng 20k pati labor. anyway, pinakuha ko sa anak ko yung part number ng pads at buti binigay ng ford. at eto nakabili na ako ng brake pads dito sa ford parts dealer in saudi arabia. original ford parts and it costs me SR. 445.00 lang for the set (around PhP 5,429.00 only). at balak kong ako na lang mag install pag uwi ko sa october para libre na rin labor
    Check the price of original Ford parts at Banawe next time, they might be the same or cheaper.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
How expensive are Ford Parts?