New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    looks like the ford casa mechanic does not want to give info on how to service the water pump belt, and your mechanic does not know how to
    release the tensioner.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    last week nagpa service yung son ko sa ford dagupan at ang sabi sa kanya papalitan na raw yung mga brake pads next time na magpa-service. pina-estimate ng anak ko kung magkano, ang sabi aabutin daw ng 18k excluding labor. ganun ba talaga kamahal yung brake pads sa casa? My ride is Ford Focus TDCi M/T.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    huwaw! ginto! :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Hi guys. From what I read, parang some of you are Ford loyals. So tanong ko lang... musta reliability nyo? I mean, yes, the Focus is from Sta Rosa and the upcoming Fiesta is from Thailand, but because it's not Japanese, feel ko lang na it may not be as reliable as say, the Thai-made Jazz. How much is your PMS and how many unexpected things go wrong for you guys?

Someone defend Ford!!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    *Firefighter: that is simply fraud.

have it serviced at another reputable service station, like servitek.

brake pads wouldn't cost 4.5k each, not even original ones.

*hajabah: Reliability? Ford ranger. 11 years. 240,+++ km on the clock. never overhauled. took 9 years before shocks and suspension parts were replaced.

ford loyalists? nice term. I'll defend the cars, I'll dispel myths, but I won't defend irresponsible casas.

and every car maker has its own casa horror story. even precious toyota and honda.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    *scharnhorst

- good for you inabot ng 9 years bago ka magpalit ng under chassis parts. We have Ranger 2005 4X4 M/T 2.9L in our company together with Strada and Hilux 2007 both 2.5L. The Ranger already went for under chassis repair front side ball joints twice. May kabig and lumalagatok pag nasa dulo ang liko both side, we have 4 rangers all with the same problem, and according to Ford Mechanic design flaw talaga eto. By the way our roads here are the worse thing you can imagine. I am working inside US Base and to tell you mga kasama namin dito Military Hummers! But anyway hads down sa torque ng Ranger the best compared among Japanese counterparts. We have by the way Ford F250, 350, 450, Excursion as company trucks.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's not just where it's made. It's the quality control of the factory.

Quality control of Ford's car line locally is good. I don't know about Thailand. I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
    last week nagpa service yung son ko sa ford dagupan at ang sabi sa kanya papalitan na raw yung mga brake pads next time na magpa-service. pina-estimate ng anak ko kung magkano, ang sabi aabutin daw ng 18k excluding labor. ganun ba talaga kamahal yung brake pads sa casa? My ride is Ford Focus TDCi M/T.
    18k for brakes alone, or including oil change and everything else? My oil change is around 6k flat.

Brake pads are really expensive at the casa... best to go outside.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by isotopes7 View Post
    *scharnhorst

- good for you inabot ng 9 years bago ka magpalit ng under chassis parts. We have Ranger 2005 4X4 M/T 2.9L in our company together with Strada and Hilux 2007 both 2.5L. The Ranger already went for under chassis repair front side ball joints twice. May kabig and lumalagatok pag nasa dulo ang liko both side, we have 4 rangers all with the same problem, and according to Ford Mechanic design flaw talaga eto. By the way our roads here are the worse thing you can imagine. I am working inside US Base and to tell you mga kasama namin dito Military Hummers! But anyway hads down sa torque ng Ranger the best compared among Japanese counterparts. We have by the way Ford F250, 350, 450, Excursion as company trucks.
    the ball joints on our ranger haven't been replaced at all.

freak ata yung amin.

and no, it wasn't babied. It spent alot of its life going to and from bicol, and down the unimproved and under-construction SLEX back then

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    siguro yung conception galing sa japanese vs american casa prices.

quite honestly, ford's casa or labor cost hell of a lot more than toyota and honda. sa parts naman, oo mas mahal ang ford than toyota pero nasa range pa rin ng nissan.

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    mga bros OT mas mahal spares ng nissan kesa toyota and honda?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
How expensive are Ford Parts?