New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Been reading about Ford parts (& maintenance cost) being expensive.... can you guys please give figures about the claim.... i.e. as against other brands' parts and maintenance cost.... thanks....

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jesika View Post
    Been reading about Ford parts (& maintenance cost) being expensive.... can you guys please give figures about the claim.... i.e. as against other brands' parts and maintenance cost.... thanks....
    Priced against similar-sized cars in the same class, bought from the dealership, the prices are the same when compared to dealership prices of other brands.

What people are saying when they say Ford parts are expensive comes from the misconception that all Fords are American-sourced cars and that the parts have to be imported.

This is true of some parts for American-built cars like the Explorer, Expedition and E150. But for ASEAN-European models like the Ranger, Everest and Lynx, there are cheap supplies available at various outside automotive suppliers. Focus parts are more expensive than Lynx parts, but similar to the cost of Civic parts.

The same people who say Ford parts are expensive will tell you that you can buy Toyota parts anywhere. Yeah, you can. If they're pre-Altis Corolla or Revo taxis. They've never had to search for VVTi engine parts or common maintenance items for the old Camry 2.2.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Depends on the parts and year model you are looking for...if it's the latest model, then I think its quite expensive and you have to buy it directly at your favorite dealer. Been sourcing some parts lately and I was surprised to hear that Banawe is more expensive than the dealers price. This is because they also source the parts from the dealers themselves and they have to consider also their margin.

Research first in the Internet. Got a good buy when I did that, just to show you an example of what I have replaced:

Original Ford Headlight:
    From Internet sourcing - 4K each
    Banawe retailers - 6.5K each
    Dealer - 6 K each

This will give you an idea the pricing range.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Cube View Post
    Depends on the parts and year model you are looking for...if it's the latest model, then I think its quite expensive and you have to buy it directly at your favorite dealer. Been sourcing some parts lately and I was surprised to hear that Banawe is more expensive than the dealers price. This is because they also source the parts from the dealers themselves and they have to consider also their margin.

Research first in the Internet. Got a good buy when I did that, just to show you an example of what I have replaced:

Original Ford Headlight:
    From Internet sourcing - 4K each
    Banawe retailers - 6.5K each
    Dealer - 6 K each

This will give you an idea the pricing range.
    Ah. That's cosmetic parts... but electrical and mechanical parts are cheaper from Banawe.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    How expensive are the Focus' flexible (frameless) wiper blades?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Ah. That's cosmetic parts... but electrical and mechanical parts are cheaper from Banawe.
    For Older models maybe...but not the latest ones.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    How expensive are the Focus' flexible (frameless) wiper blades?
    For the high-end brand (Bosch - banana type) wiper blades I think it's around 1,6++ each. But the problem with that is that they are shorter as compared to the originally installed wiper (the max. length I saw was 25", I think, and it doesn't even specify exactly Ford Focus in the vehicle type). Try to measure your wiper blades to be exact. You can find these at ACE, True Value & Handyman if you want to compare prices.

Price from the dealers varies...last time I asked it was around P3,+++ for a pair.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    ford escape 2003 m/t 2.0

P17k(not sure kung sagot ng insurance) repair-repaint of front bumper only due to accident at FMB
    P3500 coolant reservoir from banawe
    P3000 sensor (sensor located near air filter) from ford manila bay*
    P500 replacement air filter from banawe*
    P175 1pc double end bulb for rear brake lights from banawe
    P2000 replacement brake pads (front and rear) kasama na labor *
    P1500 front brake(disk) pads doble gastos, palpak unang gawa -FMB*

*not exact price but more or less

limut ko na yung ibang major repairs na ginawa namen dati. these was two years ago (2007).

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    depende kung ford vehicles na galing us like expe, mahal un. pero kung ford trekker o everest lng mura lng un.

every ford dealer iba iba ang presyo ng parts try nyo compare ford manila and ford libis

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Priced against similar-sized cars in the same class, bought from the dealership, the prices are the same when compared to dealership prices of other brands.

What people are saying when they say Ford parts are expensive comes from the misconception that all Fords are American-sourced cars and that the parts have to be imported.

This is true of some parts for American-built cars like the Explorer, Expedition and E150. But for ASEAN-European models like the Ranger, Everest and Lynx, there are cheap supplies available at various outside automotive suppliers. Focus parts are more expensive than Lynx parts, but similar to the cost of Civic parts.

The same people who say Ford parts are expensive will tell you that you can buy Toyota parts anywhere. Yeah, you can. If they're pre-Altis Corolla or Revo taxis. They've never had to search for VVTi engine parts or common maintenance items for the old Camry 2.2.
    I thought so too... Baka all these negative inputs about ford brand is bec not a lot of people use ford....

just helping out my sister decide whether to get a focus or not .... she's worried about parts and maint cost bec she plans to keep it longer than 5 years.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
How expensive are Ford Parts?