New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Guys, im about to purchase a brand new 4x2 escape for 999k (cash buyer) but im still hesitating as i read somewhere on this site that this specific model can be had for as low as 950k cash. Now im not sure if this includes stuff like insurance, 3 yrs. LTO, tinting or whatever, but I just want to know if I'm getting a good deal. The salesman included LTO reg, tinting, and even threw in back-up sensors, but he still won't budge sa free insurance. To all you escapees out there, please let me know what you guys paid for your escape, and what was included so i'll have a basis for haggling with the dealer. Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    why choose escape? Are you ready to spend a lot of money on gas? it consumes about 5km/L

There are lots of better options like Strada DiD or KIA Carens. Escape is a bad choice at this time that gas is very expensive (and continues to rise almost daily), IMO.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    999k lang pala ang escape?

PhP 1,143,000 according to their website eh. if fuel is not an issue, ok lang pala...

kaya ba ang everest sa P1M? or somewhere a little higher?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    why choose escape? Are you ready to spend a lot of money on gas? it consumes about 5km/L

There are lots of better options like Strada DiD or KIA Carens. Escape is a bad choice at this time that gas is very expensive (and continues to rise almost daily), IMO.

+1 .. get the kia carens nalang sir the CRDi one ..

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    bagsak presyo na pala yan ford escape. well kung hindi ka naman masyado concerned kung latest car mo, good deal yan.

i have a 4x2 CRDi and a 4wd CRV 1st gen. I average 8km/liter on a crv (42 liters every 350km). i drive my dad's ford explorer from time to time, I average 5-6km/liter.

i think it's safe to assume na siguro that the 4x2 escape will fall in the 7-8km/liter FC.

kung 950k, sulit yan. kasi yun extra 300k kung instead bili ka ng 3rd Gen crv, pang-gas mo na siguro for like 3 years.

in my case, ang nagastos ko lang sa CRV is P2300 every 1 and a half-months or 4600 every 3 months x 4 = P 18,700.00 per year 300k \ 18,700 = wow pang 16 years gasoline ko na yan ah instead na bumili ng crv.

i like ford din kasi fully-loaded sya dba airbags, abs. ok na deal yan!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    guys thank you all for your input. it really helped a lot in making my decision. espcly to ringostarr, tama ung cnabi mo, ung mssave ko na 300k instead of buying the latest crv ipang gas ko na lng. one thing i gotta say is ang ganda tlga ng ride, khet sa lubak ng edsa swabeng swabe. ok tlga ung mga sound deadening materials na gnamit. twas the first time to drive it yesterday and i was really amazed sa acceleration for a 2.3L considering the weight of the car. inde sya underpowered as most people tend to think. and dis is from someone coming from a audi 2.0 quattro. tlgang bang for the buck tung auto. BTW, i got the dealer to include insurance sa price so 999k sya out the door.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would agree with the previous posters. i have a friend who owns an escape. he averages around 4.5-5.5 kms/l city driving. ayaw na ngang gamitin.

at that price, you can get a Tucson CRDi or a Carens CRDi, which offers better FC.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    950K is a good deal for the new Escape 2.3L.

Only the old 2.0L Escape is a bit underpowered (and drinks a lot of gasoline)... the 2.3L engine is a better fit and the new tranny also responds faster. I think most people associate the Escape with the old 2.0L version.

999K including insurance? So that's 49K for insurance? Hmmm... that's a bit high IMO (if your vehicle is just costin 950K).

bigbigcar.com Review: Ford Everest XLS 2.5 TDCi 4x2

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Thats good for an Escape. My FC is 7-8 for the 2.3L and I just had to sell it as I find diesel fed engines more practical. I have been wanting to get the 2008 model but practicality does not permit me to do so. Also, be ready to lose a substantial amount in terms of depreciation especially for Ford who does not support 2nd hand market in terms of price. I have had a 2.0 which is underpowered (used it for only 4 months), a 2.3 which I just sold last week (through tsikot classified ads) and will be turned over to the new owner next week. Still with me now and there is this guilt as I took care of it like no other.

Anyways, goodluck with your new ride and enjoy it! Congratulations!!!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    For the amount of comfort and size, the fuel consumption of the Escape is okay. It's not any worse than the CR-Vs of that time, which were also guzzlers (a friend gets 4.5 km/l on his CR-V... an uncle complains that their old 2.4 CR-V drinks just as much as their Ford Explorer on the same route).

It's not the most fuel efficient, but it's a good highway cruiser. Not bad for the price.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

**HELP** How much did you pay for your 2007 4x2 Escape? (2008 too)