New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Contrawise... it could be that your engine mounts are going soft. But a failing compressor clutch could also explain the change in fuel economy.
    I had the hub clutch replaced once, it fell according to the mechanic. This is one of the reasons I think. Before the clutch fell the vibration is already there. Do you think I have to replace a good hub clutch? What's soft engine mounts?

5 km/l would be just right for a 15 minute 3 km trip. Especially with an automatic.
    I am driving my bro's optra before, FC is 6km/l for city driving and we thought that is not good. My car is worst.[/quote]

What oil did you use on the change? Try switching to a lighter one, also, on your next change. A 5w40 or 5w30 should do.
    This one I really do not know. I am not there when they change it and sent someone to get the car for me. Next time, I should be there, wanna learn it first hand.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    *ghosthunter

Regarding MAF, I will have a mechanic for that. How much do you think should I pay for cleaning that? Will they do it together with the tuneup?

*meledson

Italian tuneup??? Is that in the same level of brazilian wax. Hehehe. Got in in wikipedia though. Do you have someone who know how to do that and for how much?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by boydura View Post
    *ghosthunter

Regarding MAF, I will have a mechanic for that. How much do you think should I pay for cleaning that? Will they do it together with the tuneup?

*meledson

Italian tuneup??? Is that in the same level of brazilian wax. Hehehe. Got in in wikipedia though. Do you have someone who know how to do that and for how much?
    Italian tuneup: punta ka ng SLEX (kung maluwag) or NLEX or SCTEX. Tapos palakasan nalang ng loob kung gaano katagal mo mamamaintain yung top speed mo sa redline

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Soft mounts means that they don't quell vibrations properly anymore.

Really sounds like it's the AC clutch.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by boydura View Post
    I am doing a little research about saving gas, then napadpad ako dito sa forum, napakalakas kasi sa gas ng auto ko, Ford Lynx Ghia 2001 AT. 3km/l city driving, conscious pa ako nyan sa acceleration and breaking. Tagal ko na rin narinig itong KSTC, may numbers pa nga ako ng mga installers nung nakita ko itong na feature sa isang tv show. Minsan naitanong ko na rin sa taxi driver kung ok ba talaga ito, negative din ang sagot sa akin. Hindi ako mapaniwalaing tao kaya gusto ko i-try, pero sa mga nabasa ko dito mukhang alam naman ng mga debunkers ang mga sinasabi nila. Talagang nagbago isip ko. Se-segway lang ako ng konti para sa tanong ko.

Simpleng tanong lang naman: Ano dapat kong gawin sa auto ko para makatipid ako sa gas? (bukod sa huwag kong gamitin at maglakad na lang) : ) Ghosthunter and Niky. Tuloooooooooong! : )

Btw, nice thread, entertaining habang binabasa ko mula page 100. May twist ng konti, may revelation, may suspense pa nga. Inaabangan ko tuloy pagme-meet ni Ghosthunter, Niky, khaos, at rotciv79. 7 years in the making.

-----------------------------

Moderator's Note:

I have created a thread for this post. Click the link below:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68334

Place all responses regarding the Ford Lynx Ghia in that thread.

Thank you.
    3km/L city driving? That's pretty bad economy. How's the condition of the car and does it undergo regular maintenance? My 13 year old VTi Civic could still do 9 to 10km/L city driving.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    naku kabibili ko pa naman ng lynx 2001 ghia! Sabi sakin nung seller 7-9 km/l daw city driving. bka ganyan na rin patay!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    *mailboxck

grabe nga e. buti na lang bahay opisina lang ako. sasalida lang ako. ipaayos ko na ito.

*scharnhorst

di ko kaya italian tuneup. hehe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
HELP: Ford Lynx Ghia 2001 AT w/ poor FC