New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I share your pain.this happened to me today and still in the process of getting over it.im searching for tips/options on repair and found this old thread.anyways bare with my sharing, baka lang makatulong sa pag get over ko.hehe. car: 2010 vios 1.5g, keys left in: trunk, place: bukirin sa tarlac 170 km away from home and spare key, initial solutions: 1. pray that the key was somewhere else, 2. beg the car to open itself, final solution: break window with hammer, No. of hataws: 6. haaayyyyy charge to experience but i hope ma improve logic ng low to mid stock lock/auto arm system ng mga cars in the future, most cars now are almost foolproof against lock out sa four doors but pag sa trunk and tailgate hindi na.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    i experienced this problem too, sa beach pa nangyari, 5 hours away from home, we also end up breaking the quarter glass, we also tried a locksmith na tagasungkit, wala din. ang badtrip pa nito we spent half of the day solving the problem rather than enjoying the beach.

although someone suggested to me that locksmith can take the mold of your key hole and create a key from it, i wonder if thats true.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    i experienced this problem too, sa beach pa nangyari, 5 hours away from home, we also end up breaking the quarter glass, we also tried a locksmith na tagasungkit, wala din. ang badtrip pa nito we spent half of the day solving the problem rather than enjoying the beach.

although someone suggested to me that locksmith can take the mold of your key hole and create a key from it, i wonder if thats true.
    Pa-share naman mga bossing kung saan, paano and how much to repair the quarter glass. Please . TIA

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    ^ sir, i think i read in earlier post na round 2k for fiesta. mine vios is 2k din oem glass + labor. may nag suggest sa akin mas makaka mura with aguila glass pero naka order nako sa casa kaya hindi na ako nag inquire. search aguila glass sa google, the company has several branches.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Ang hirap nga pag ganyan... And so, I always use the key to lock and unlock the doors (better if you have a remote for the center lock).

The trunk is always a killer. Anyone can fall into that trap. So, I always have a spare key in my pocket....
    15.2K:froggy:

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ ako din. i even have those key card spares which fit in one's wallet made in atc mall. i just don't know if key duplicators can fabricate replicas of keys of newer cars. actually haven't tried it w/ our fd pa kasi although pwede sa gd and definitely sa ek pwede

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    have a duplicate key made and hide it on the car. make sure not to place it where burglars/car thieves will find it (behind the license plates, spare tire) or where service techs at the casa will see it (skid plate, engine bay, anywhere where they will likely work on). look under your car and check for places where you can hide something but where others will not likely look. nangyari yan dati sa grx ko, left the key inside e nasa laguna pa naman kami. yung grx kasi isa lang ang key na binigay ng dealer, additional 9k daw for extra key. so i just had a duplicate made at sm and hid it under the... secret! i just retrieved the key from my hiding place, opened the driver's side door, alarm went off, got the original keys and turned the alarm off.

if you have a separate fob from the key then make it a habit to disconnect it from the key chain and clip it to your belt before you even go near your car. even if you leave the key inside the car the fob will still be with you. that is what i do with the santa fe since the fob is separate from the key.
    Last edited by yebo; March 24th, 2012 at 04:00 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Just to share my experience when being locked out of my car this year. Ang scenario naman is upon leaving the car, nawala ko yung susi and I have a duplicate which is inside the car. The car is parked in a commercial place and I look for people in some auto shop nearby to unlock the car. What we tried first is to pick the door lock which we ended up with nothing. Many bystander noticed us got help from them. Then we finally get to unlock the door using a long thin wire na iinsert sa door in that case a twisted hanger.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Fabricate an aluminium key sa mall. Then put it in your wallet.

Dati the alarms had auto lock. So if you leave the keys inside....

Had to experience this in a gas station. From then on i have an aluminum spare key in the pocket.

Now no need na since no mode auto lock ang mga alarm ng cars namin.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
HELP:( Ford Fiesta 2011 - ALL keys left inside