New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I still drive a 2001 Ford expedition xlt with a 4.6L V8 engine and i can get around 6km/L in econo mode. Which is not that bad considering my other car which is a chevrolet Optra was only getting 7-8 km/L with the same driving technique. But i would suggest a diesel SUV like a pajero or safari even a trooper rather than an expedition if your worried about resale value, and fuel consumption. Parts and servicing is also a little bit more in the expedition but the space and ride comfort is better than other SUVs.
    On the resale value side, the ford expedition is really low. When i was selling our 2001 ford expedition xlt with extra options and only 51tkm for 650K, my friend just sold his 1998 pajero field master with 120tkm all stock for the same 650k price. We advertised the same time, his pajero was sold in 3 days, the buyer didn't even ask for a discount, bought it straight cash. While it has been more than 3 weeks na and i still havn't sold our expedition.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    hi ale828...can u send me pics and details of ur expi at * ar_djp*yahoo......thanks

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Hi ar24458
    Sent you an email of the expediton
    thanks

4. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee View Post
    if your worried about gas consumption,dont buy the expedition.people that buys expeditions,tahoe,escalade,H2 and other big SUV's doesnt buy them because of its gas consumption.they buy them for what it offers like comfort in long drives,space and towing capabilities while hauling more people.theyve accepted the fact that this monsters are gas guzzlers and it isnt one of their major concerns since they knew that from the start.
    im not saying that people that owns monster SUV's are rich.its just that if your major concern is gas consumption...then ,an exped wouldnt be a wise decision but if youve come to the realization that they suck gas faster than flash running circles around the globe...then go for it.
    btw...i own an expedition (and im nowehere rich but you wouldnt hear me complain all day about its gas consumption) but im very used to it since almost every car ived own are V8.maybe im just used to it.i still use premium gas on almost every car i owned too.
    if you want to fully utilize an expedition's gas mileage,change the exhaust,air intake and flash/tune the chip.that should get you another mile or 2 for every gallon.

I just read your post . . . . I'd like to ask about the fuel consumption of your exped in city driving . . . I know this has been a famous question when it comes to this vehicle. despite the negative feedback you a re precisely correct on how you identified the purpose of the vehicle or the concern. since all of your vehicles has big engine displacement ever tried of tweaking or adjusting anything from the engine? for you to save gas? just a a question although I know that you dont really mind about the consumption.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    I dont have an expedition but i still have his little brother the Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer. If sa body almost identical silang dlawa but shorter ang explorer. In terms of cosnumption, I get 4-5km / liter pure city but that's only because I fitted it with 4 265/70 tires,just sligtly bigger than the standard issues in Monteros and Forts.

I Kinda like my explorer becuase even if it's more than 10 years now, it still commands respect sa hotel and mall driveaways as well as sa roads. I dont get flagged down sa mga minor traffic errors like sumobra ka sa stop light or na beat ang yellow light or nag-u-turn sa non u-turn zone. Even sa coding say mga 530 pm the enforcer would try to ignore my car.

I preserved my explorer to its original state, looks always detailed and the 265 tires view gave it a commanding lift. The front antenna also makes people believe that I have a built - in cb radio system

I got this car for free, hand me down. Some 3 years ago. i wanted to sell it to get another diesel SuV, buti na lang di ko binenta, it's just 39k on the odo. Now, that gasoline is cheaper, i use it more often. It has sunroof too.

someday, i,m going to repaint it black like the Chevy Tahoe black cars that the FBI uses with chrome grills, Side mouldings and chrome rims, i will just use the exisitng rims and grills and mouldings for chroming, and viola I have a respectsble car in the future,

My maint is so cheap, I have it service annually sa gasoline ststion, at 2.5k cost per year. Motorcraft oil + filter is just 2350 + 150 sa suki kong gas ststion for change oil.

The fluids of Ford are meant to be replaced every 100000 miles per manual, so 10 years na sya di pa din replace, fords are indeed built tough contrary to popular belief here that they are lemons, it survivied Ondoy with half-submerged at it has a water proof ecu unit.

Hindi ko na ibebenta as it will always be a commanding car even as it ages. The boxy amsrican big SUV will always be respectsble no matter when. It's timeless.

Kaya i tend not to get into the hype of other cars like when the Montero, MuX were brand new kssi mas commanding oa din ito car na ito in the long run, even as the new everest is coming, my explorer will still be at par with it as it ages.

Yun kang naman, ang purpose ng commanding car, pag na-invite ka sa hotel event like weddings etc. your car will still be hesd turner sa guests

---

Malaki na din natipid ko sa car purchases because of this, kasi ilan na na by pass ko urge to get like these hot 2M suvs that we are getting now.

The explorer resale value is only P350k, but if you keep it and drive it clean, it still looks expensive , it still belongs to the 2.2M category cars,

Sa natipid ko, i tend to travel a lot, ive been everywhere around the world, West and east Europe, Russia, ala Anthony Bourdain. For me that's life, not collecting new cars tapos igagarahe mo lang sa bahay most of the time or ilalaban sa ever worsening trsffic situation.

Plusm when you go to malls, wala naman makakakita na cae mo yun coz parking is laways at a basement tapos mag-scrimp ka sa food trip because ang laki ng hulog mo sa always brand new car

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Agree with minicarph 100%!!! I have an explorer EB also, very very good ride and light handling!! I get spoiled in it unlike our other chariots which hurts my back. Even though it's old and boxy, the design is timeless unlike jap and Kpop cars which all look indentical!! Maintenance is very low as I do oil changes every 6 months, parts are sturdy and not expensive, u just have to know where to buy. The only thing negative is the air condition, cleaning it is a b____h. Gas consumption is on the high side, that's because it's traffic everywhere but our cars are built to run and not to be in traffic congested streets all the time, but that's another issue. My daughter loves this car so much, she even gave it a birthday mamon. Btw I use mine almost everyday except on coding. Scratches are plenty, wish I could have a wash over but not having it for 2 weeks is like missing one of our kids.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Help On Ford Expedition