New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Good day guys. MErry Xmas and a Happy new year!!!

Need help from experts.....I'm planning to buy 1999 Ford expedition. Any comments regarding gas consumption...malakas ba tlga to sa gas..and any other pros and cons for expedition????.....my other option is a 95-96 Pajero.....

any suggestions and recommendations will be greatly appreciated. You may PM me...thanks.....

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006

Need help from experts.....I'm planning to buy 1999 Ford expedition. Any comments regarding gas consumption...malakas ba tlga to sa gas..and any other pros and cons for expedition????.....my other option is a 95-96 Pajero.....

any suggestions and recommendations will be greatly appreciated. You may PM me...thanks.....

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ar24458 View Post

If you got deep pockets then you can have an Exped, aside from the gas the parts are also steep. My Mom had to let her 2001 Exped after just a year and a half of driving this OPEC favored hulk that has made our neighborhood gas station rich.

The ride is something else though, shrugging off potholes that can swallow a Picanto

Get the Pajero, but get a philippine release edition, not one of those surplus time bombs.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    One of my Uncle owns an Expedition and he gets around 3-4kms per liter. If you are concern with pagtitipid sa gas e look for a different vehicle.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    im using f-150 (4.6 SOHC 16V V8) as my company service way back 2000, its average is 4-6 km/l..the new expedition (5.4 SOHC 16V V8) has a higher displacement so expect fewer mileage..around 4-5 km/l... since its 2nd hand..maybe less..

if you find this not "gas-oholic".go for it..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    ..add ko lang ..IMO you'll have less headache in pajero.. !!!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    if your worried about gas consumption,dont buy the expedition.people that buys expeditions,tahoe,escalade,H2 and other big SUV's doesnt buy them because of its gas consumption.they buy them for what it offers like comfort in long drives,space and towing capabilities while hauling more people.theyve accepted the fact that this monsters are gas guzzlers and it isnt one of their major concerns since they knew that from the start.
    im not saying that people that owns monster SUV's are rich.its just that if your major concern is gas consumption...then ,an exped wouldnt be a wise decision but if youve come to the realization that they suck gas faster than flash running circles around the globe...then go for it.
    btw...i own an expedition (and im nowehere rich but you wouldnt hear me complain all day about its gas consumption) but im very used to it since almost every car ived own are V8.maybe im just used to it.i still use premium gas on almost every car i owned too.
    if you want to fully utilize an expedition's gas mileage,change the exhaust,air intake and flash/tune the chip.that should get you another mile or 2 for every gallon.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    are you thinking of making it a daily driver? i wouldnt suggest you buying z expedition. it is going to hurt... lol i drive a jumbo suv power wise its great driving around with z great ol space and power with all our stuff its great and great for towing too. more friends in the car more people to split the gas bill with! lol but thats not gonna happen everyday!

so your best bet would be the pajero if you want a daily driver.. and its easier to park too! and if you can try to avoif the converted ones..

and think of the money you can save? im thinking the pajero would be cheaper?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    the others are right. the exp does consumea lot of gas. City can range from 3-7 km /l depending on ho bad traffi is. high way is 9-11 km/l. don't get it if you are worried about consumption. the ride is the best.
    pajero is an all time favorite and is not a bad choice pareho naman may dating.
    best way to go is to save up some more and get a newer car para less problems. geting a vehicle that is more than 5 years old do expect to shell out an additional 50k up for eventual repairs.
    good luck.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Help On Ford Expedition