New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffquitalig04 View Post
    Hi guys,

I had a 2004 Ford Lynx Ghia A/T, there is a problem the HOLD light is blinking, eventhough its off button, so either press ko siya back and forth ganun padin, blinking parin siya, kaya yung pagshift ng gear ng car ko ay hirap talaga. Sabi daw baka censor lng daw ang sira non kaya nagloloko. So ano po sa tingin niyo mga experts sa ford lynx ang sira ng ganito? Please help..

hi
    you may check with this shop, he may be able to give expert advice before you decide on anything:
    call : 782 6484
    0917 8122 671
    0922 259 3747

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    HI jeff,
    have your problem below solved? what did you do or changed?
    i got the same problem as yours...exactly the same. I bought this Lynx RS last year Oct'10. I hate it so much whe the HOLD signal blinks & the gear drop to 3rd.

i have changed the ATF lube...but still the same.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Dicher & Nicky,
    have your problem with the blinking "HOLD" solved?...what did you guys changed or do? i got the same problem...even FORD it self dont have a ny clue what is it all about...

pls let me know ya

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    OBD scan ang the best jan.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I have been experiencing the same problem with my ford lynx 2000 A/T. It usually happens when the car is going uphill or downhill and when the car is fully loaded with adults. The blinking will go away when I stop the car. Is this a factory defect? We should not being having problem with the transmission this early. Baka naman sensor issue lang or computer box reset/reprogram kaya na.
    Did anybody find a cheaper solution aside from transmission replacement? Please share.
    I believe I won't be the last to have this expensive issue.

Sa ngayon nagagamit ko pa naman yung car. It can still go on the 4th gear.
    I notice that the blinking seems to happen daily na.

WE need to know what's the real culprit.

Baka parang "roof rusting" issue ng honda esi. widespread.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    pag nag blink baka may problema na yan. dapat hindi sya mag blink

7. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Lioford View Post
    Guys

I have the same problem

"Hello,

Need your ideas guys. My Ford Lynx Ghia Automatic tranmission is acting up since last week. While driving i just noticed the HOLD button in the dashboard was blinking then i felt something weird in the engine.

The RPM once it reaches 3000 or once it reaches the 3rd gear, it slipped (parang biglang nag slide yung RPM pataas then bigla babagsak). Kapag paulit ulit na nangyayare yon, then the hold button will appear at yung takbo ng oto sobrang bagal na.

I have it checked sa petron car care center nilinis yung MAF sensor, test drive but same problem. Sabi nila baka inhibitor switch daw. I went to banawe "kingpin shop" they checked ang sabi may problem daw sa 3rd gear ngtranmission. 24K lahat gastos papalitang transmission.

Once of these days i will visit FORD to scan my lynx pero you guys have any ideas?

Lynx is still running okay pero once nag shift na siya sa third gear, the hold button will appear in dashboard then the car run slow.

By the way, 3 weeks ago i replaced the alternator"

Until now im still clueless..i went to ford libis wala daw sila engine scan. So i decided to have it checked sa PETRON kaya lang their scanner did not work with my LYNX, may error connection daw sa ECU - engine control unit. So yung problem ko baka daw sa COMPUTER BOX at hindi transmission...

Please help.

Thank you
    PROBLEMA KO DIN TO.. ano po ba solusyon?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Help auto transmission(HOLD) 2004 Ford lynx Ghia AT