New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Sorry to be the bearer of more scary stories...but I just saw this one on the Malaysia Fiesta Facebook page - Fan photos from Ford Fiesta in Malaysia | Facebook

This guys carpet has melted from the exhaust assembly heat in the back nr the spare tyre well.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Checked mine when this was posted by that Malaysian who always posts their problems to our local page and mine is still fine...

Fiesta Malaysia always has lots of problems, I hope it stays there and never crosses the Philippine Sea

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Checked mine when this was posted by that Malaysian who always posts their problems to our local page and mine is still fine...

Fiesta Malaysia always has lots of problems, I hope it stays there and never crosses the Philippine Sea
    Yup, my carpet good also. Hopefully it is an isolated case. I wonder if he made any engine mods.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    How long has he been using the car? After a lot of kilometers (80-100k ams, I think?), the exhaust heat will eventually melt the tar in that area on many cars. not a huge deal, but I guess it's better to be safe than sticky and add insulation between the tar and the carpet.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Is Ford sending defective Fiesta units to Malaysia?
    Its like majority of the Fiesta defects reported seem to come from Malaysia (Ford Fiesta in Malaysia page in FB).
    Last edited by AG4; June 4th, 2011 at 10:06 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Its like majority of the Fiesta defects reported seem to come from Malaysia (Ford Fiesta in Malaysia page in FB).
    Nah, we have the same cases here, apart from this one. Cracking windscreens/rear spoilers, falling tow covers, leaking headlights etc.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    How long has he been using the car? After a lot of kilometers (80-100k ams, I think?), the exhaust heat will eventually melt the tar in that area on many cars. not a huge deal, but I guess it's better to be safe than sticky and add insulation between the tar and the carpet.
    check mine after about 30km of driving tonight. The carpet is a ok, lifting it though and touching the metal beneath it...quite hot! Better do the insulation thing. Any recommended type of insulation material?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    My take on the matter is the Fiesta is new to Asia and Malaysia is more of a Guinea pig than us.

The batch sent to us might have been improved already.

The more we should be making noise when we find faults. It's for the benefit of future buyers.

Have you checked your Fiesta's carpet yet?