New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by stroker_200 View Post
    I'm still waiting for my bank to complete the processing....may nagkaproblema kaya may delay. Haaay, tumitindi na ang excitement ko sa Everest. I went to the dealer to check on the Fortuner and Everest yesterday, and its still the Everest for me (hindi pa rin ako nagkukuli). I was hoping to see the facelifted Fortuner yesterday but Shaw Ortigas does not have one in their showroom.

Ale828, too bad that you had a terrible experience with the Everest. But my testdrive speaks otherwise. Hindi kaya wala sa kundisyon yung service unit mo? Yun kasing test drive unit sa Ford EDSA eh sobrang aggressive manakbo. I circled along EDSA, Gate 5 and Annapolis almost 6 times and lalong gumaganda ang takbo habang umiinit.

Sana mag OK na yung bank ko para tuloy na ligaya.
    Hi! hows your eve experience so far?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    for me toyota fortuner 2.5 diesel

until now hndi pa ako nagsisi na fortuner binili ko, un nga lang nakawin ung spare tire ko hehe

hndi kagaya ng ford trekker namin maski stay mo sa labas hndi papansinin

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Hi aNthrrax,

So far I'm very happy with my Eve 2.5 AT. Nadala ko na siya sa Tagaytay at sa Antipolo...na-experience ko na din kung gaano kalakas ang makina. Sobrang sarraaap gamihin sa ahunan...hindi ka mapapahiya. Ang lakas ng makina sobra.

Ok din ang ride; comfortable naman. Although balita ko mas gaganda pa ang ride kung papalitan ang shocks with Procomp.

FC is ok din...8 to 8.5 city driving.

Complain ko lang eh mahirap linisin...ang laki kasi.

stroker.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Everest ako. Pareho naman silang matagtag so quits lang dito, pero mas reliable yung diesel ng Everest at mas powerful. The Everest is also cheaper. I also herad the Everest is a better off-roader than the Fortuner. Lamang siguro ng Fortuner is its easier to drive and the re-sale value. Yep once upon a time I considered an Everest to replace our aging Revo, but I instead went to Hyundai Santa Fe.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    mas matagtag ba talaga ang new everest compared to the new fortuner?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    hi guys, new ako dito sa forum and masaya basahin ang mga feedback nyo. actually before fortuner ako then when I have the Hilux last year na depress ako kasi matagtag and even the dealer at toyota bicutan told me that a lot of customer are saying that matagtag din ang fortuner. mas ok pa nga ride ng adventure ko compared sa hilux hehehe..

anyway, may nabago ba kaya sa suspension ng new fortuner? kasi parang nabasa ko sa review parang binago daw ng mga engineers ng toyota hehehe.. how about sa new eve mas ok ba suspension compared to the old eve?

ngayon i am more on eve than fort, kasi i think its better lalo na for family

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    [SIZE=4]I'l go for the Everest! yung 2.5 m/t! i'l equip it with front bumpers with fog lamp bezel, rear spoiler, spare tire cover, body side cladding, back-up sensor and navigation system! lalagyan ko din nung decal...sana lang may olive gold color katulad sa 4x4...may gold paint scheme version ba ang everest? i saw it at the Manila International Auto Show...[/SIZE]

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by stroker_200 View Post
    Hi aNthrrax,

So far I'm very happy with my Eve 2.5 AT. Nadala ko na siya sa Tagaytay at sa Antipolo...na-experience ko na din kung gaano kalakas ang makina. Sobrang sarraaap gamihin sa ahunan...hindi ka mapapahiya. Ang lakas ng makina sobra.

Ok din ang ride; comfortable naman. Although balita ko mas gaganda pa ang ride kung papalitan ang shocks with Procomp.

FC is ok din...8 to 8.5 city driving.

Complain ko lang eh mahirap linisin...ang laki kasi.

stroker.
    uy?! parahe pala tau..got the a/t na rin. Ill change to procomp shocks when i have replaced my rims already, it has good feedback from the users at fordclubph.com (FCP).

Like you, so far im happy with my purchase , still went to the toyota casa before buying just to see the new fortuner, alas still wasnt convinced it was the car for me..so went ahead ang bought the eve.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I think the main reason why the eve feels underpowered to the fortuner is the weight.. The eve weighs more than the fortuner by about 50kg.. Thats' like carrying 1 sack of rice.. Also, one thing to consider is the everest's toughness.. Try knocking at the body panels for both vehicles, fortuners, hi-lux and innova's have this "lata" sound.. Where as the eve, well, try it so you'll find out.. Safety wise, i'd prefer the everest over the fortuner by miles.. Parts and accessories, i agree that Ford vehicles are more expensive to maintain and has low resale value, but who cares if your happy with your ride, why think of low resale value if your car's brand new, it is a factor buying a car I must admit, but then again, if you plan to keep your car for a long time, then it woudn't matter right? Maintaning a ford vehicle, well, its not easy, parts are a bit hard to find and very expensive compared to Toyota.. I don't know if that'a good thing or a bad thing though.. Also, lots of fortuners on the streets already.. If you want to be a bit different from the crowd, get the everest..:2thumbsup:

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Everest isn't underpowered. The problem is that it has an electronic throttle, to improve emissions. Some electronic throttles... notably Ford's... lag... meaning it takes a half-second or so for the actual engine throttle to open after you press the "gas" pedal.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Forturner (2.5) or Everest (2.5)