New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by stroker_200 View Post
    Guys, thanks so much for all the inputs. Very helpful talaga kayo...ang dami kong nakuhang perspectives.

My testdrive with the Everest went well...in fact, very well. I had an enjoyable driving experience; I felt the torque of the engine as it pushes the 2 tonner vehicle. I'm decided to get the Everest. Your inputs and the driving experience helped me finalize my choice.

Maraming salamat sa inyong lahat.

ok ang everest sir !! kakakuha ko lng din last 2 wiks .... lakas ng torque!!!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i am temporarily driving a 2008 Ford Everest 2.5D A/T on loan sa akin. parang way to underpowered compared to my friends 2.5d4d Fortuner, lakas din sa consumption plus sobra tagtag compared sa Fortuner.
    I wouldn't suggest the Everest, mahal din parts niyan plus resale value is too low.
    Stick withe the Toyota Fortuner, a way better car in every aspect.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I'm still waiting for my bank to complete the processing....may nagkaproblema kaya may delay. Haaay, tumitindi na ang excitement ko sa Everest. I went to the dealer to check on the Fortuner and Everest yesterday, and its still the Everest for me (hindi pa rin ako nagkukuli). I was hoping to see the facelifted Fortuner yesterday but Shaw Ortigas does not have one in their showroom.

Ale828, too bad that you had a terrible experience with the Everest. But my testdrive speaks otherwise. Hindi kaya wala sa kundisyon yung service unit mo? Yun kasing test drive unit sa Ford EDSA eh sobrang aggressive manakbo. I circled along EDSA, Gate 5 and Annapolis almost 6 times and lalong gumaganda ang takbo habang umiinit.

Sana mag OK na yung bank ko para tuloy na ligaya.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Im selling our 2008 Silver Everest 4x2 MT. We just got it last january 2008 and just had its 10000 km check up last week. May leather seat covers ito, rain visors, reverse sensor, wheel cover. Also we bought a 2 year extended warranty, meaning it has a bumper to bumper warranty for 5 years since we purchased it last January. It cost us 40 thousand pesos for the warranty alone. It's in excellent shape and is being used by my wife to drive to her office in makati from our house in marikina most of the time. Covered pa yun parking nya sa building. May comprehensive insurance din ito until january 2009. I think the price now kung bibili ng package na ganito for a brand new unit would be 1.250 M plus 40 thou na extended warranty plus a remaining comprehensive insurance worth 20 thousand or a total price of 1.310 million. We would be glad to part it for 200 thousand less than this. It's like brand new still. For those interested, you can call or text me at 09209203679.

By the way, we are very happy with the ford everest. Wala kami masabi. Fuel consumption can go as low as 14 km per liter on rare occasions of long drives where in panay ang overtake ko. And i dont know about the rides compared to other suv's pero ive sat on the third row of our everest and its very comfy. Hindi naman matagtag especially compared to fortuner. And besides a 2.5 fortuner only has 105 hp as compared to 145 of everest.

Now the reason we are selling it is because my wife is moving to another company come november where in she will be provided with a company car with a higher ceiling. We dont have to shell out anything for the new company car unlike in her previous employer where we are paying 40% of the cost of the everest that we are selling. By selling our it, we would recover the cost of our participation sa car plan which is quite subsantial din and would stil be able to own a higher end model.

As to the new car we are planning to purchase to replace our 4 X 2 everest? Well, after comparing and looking at the new fortuner and new montero, we both agreed that we will still get an everest. Pero this time its going to be 3.0 4x4 A/T ICE Edition "kompletos recados" ika nga. Thats how much we are satisfied with the ford everest.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You'll have to post it in the carfinder section. Also try posting at http://forum.fordclubph.com as you might get a few bites there. Good luck!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Had the same dilemna. "Porma+resale value OR Power+affordability?". I guess this pretty much sums up the decision making process. Everything else is pretty much, close enough to be deal breakers.

I chose the latter.

Never regreted the decision.

That kick it gives at 2200rpm is unbelievable for a diesel 2.5li.

Although there is a split second lag in its pedal-to-power responsiveness, once at 2300-2800, the power is on demand. The lag doesn't bother me though, its just a matter of timing your need for the power.

I do 13km/li highway and 8.5km/li city.

re the looks, not bad. it grows on you.

re the re sale value, i'm very happy with it. i guess the performance, saleability & practicality has preserved its re sale value much much better than i expected.

Overall, very very very happy.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    sa mga magtetest drive ng 2.5 everest, dahil diesel, warm up e napaka importante. 3min pwede na. pag nasa kalye na, babad konti(1sec) sa 2200rpm ng 2nd gear (m/t), after that, the power in the pedal is yours.

btw, check nyo muna tire pressure din. last i checked un test drive unit it was at 45psi. tagtag talaga.

hindi ako makapaniwala na underpowered 2.5 everest compared to 2.5 fortuner. un na test drive ko na fortuner 4x4 3.0, halos pereho lang ng 2.5 everest. pero, i have to say, and angas ng itsura ng fortuner. macho talaga.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    for me toyota fortuner, looks, resale value, maintenance and parts panalo ang fortuner

we have ford trekker ok naman cya hndi pansinin and pag dala ko alam nla ako un kac bihira meron. ang nadala lng ako s ford ung service nla parati walang parts available kailangan mo pa umorder kac hndi daw cla nagiistock dahil bihira lng meron, ung casa, ford libis lng yata ok. ung casa sa quezon ave at balintawak walang kwenta.

mas matipid pa ung fortuner namin sa diesel kaysa sa ford trekker so na- conclude ko mas matipid ung fortuner kaysa everest

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Between the 2.5 Everest & Fortuner,how about waiting for the upcoming 2.5 variant of the montero sport which will be out on january..just a suggestion

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JPG111 View Post
    Between the 2.5 Everest & Fortuner,how about waiting for the upcoming 2.5 variant of the montero sport which will be out on january..just a suggestion
    If it falls between the 1.2-1.4M price range, it definitely will be looked at. Looks amazing on the web. The nissan terrano also is coming out early next year. Being based on the navara 2.5 engine, that'll be a power freak to contend with. (but with 6 gears M/t though, the power window per gear is really narrow.)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Forturner (2.5) or Everest (2.5)