New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Thanks for the info. ;)

Perhaps it would be wise in the future to shift into neutral when braking to a stop. The point at which the clutch disengages from the transmission when braking is a bit too low (in road speed) for my taste. Perhaps shifting into neutral manually will save on wear-and-tear for that part.

this will definitely help prolong the life of the clutches but unfortunately we cant expect every TDCI user to be doing this.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Sa fuel economy I get 10-11km/L in the city, no idea with the Swift. In fact la pa akong nakikitang Swift sa daanan...

As for the tranny's durability only time will tell. I had my fiesta for almost a year now ok pa sya pero seympre relatively speaking bago pa rin kotse ko. No one can say 5-8 years from now. I haven't paid any PMS costs yet since libre ang 1000km and 10,000km ng Ford.
    Thanks thanks boss tidus=)

3. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    No idea yet. The Swift's drivetrain is partially carried-over from the old car, but it also has new components... the automatic, most noticeably, now has tighter gearing, akin to the Mazda2.

The Swift should get better fuel economy in the city. Lighter car, tighter gearing. But on the highway, the extra gears of the Fiesta bring it up to parity.
    Thanks boss nicky for the inputs..=)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by erick_214 View Post

Hi tidus, thanks for the prompt reply...Possible bang magshift-up siya around 1,500RPM kung mas magaan yung apak sa throttle? Ano kadalasan mong ginagawa pag tipong econo drive ka?

Uu nga pala, pag nagshift ka sa P kusa ba siyang umaandar gaya ng sa normal na AT? yung parang nagccrawl?

Thanks ulet
    we bought a focus tdci hatchback. and i love it. nung sinubukan ko papuntang baguio yung S(port) mode, never na ako nagdrive sa D mode ulit. why? parang manual lang eh. +/- lang tapos auto shift down siya pag bumagal ka (kairita minsan lalo na sa 2nd gear kasi biglang mag-engine break) anyways eto details kung kelan ka makakapag shift up. 1st to 2nd gear pwede ka mag shift kahit naka full stop (ganun talaga pag diesel diba?) then 2nd-3rd gear, approx. 1800rpm. tapos 3 to 4th gear 40kph, 5th gear >50kph, 6th gear >60kph. 100kph on 6th gear below 2000rpm. btw. may electronic delay siya since kahit papano AT parin. approximately .5sec delay once you pull to + before magshift yung gears. less hassle compared sa manual na may clutch. pero mas maganda parin siyempre pag manual.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Ford's POWERSHIFT Question