New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cityfolk View Post
    That's why I said almost. Compare that with the usual gasoline engines which peaks at over 4000rpm.
    I'll be technical lang sir cityfolk ha kaya nasabi ko yung post ko na yun. Almost means near na kasi. So 2,400 is not near 1,400 so hindi dapat "almost" ginamit mo IMHO lang naman. Better if you have said na lang agad na ganyan "compare to usual gas engines". But this is nitpicking already on my side. I guess we both agre that the engine is really good for its size and the power it gives just like the 1-liter ford ecoboost. Peace tayo sir ha.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cityfolk View Post
    World record for a normal run-of-the-mill high rate production engine.
    Aren't the rally twins are racing engines that are hand built and custom tuned?
    Not handbuilt anymore... and never been custom-tuned (if by custom-tuned, you mean car by car)... sales volume for Subaru turbos outweighs the sales volume for the Fiat at the moment.

I agree that the Twin-air is a massively impressive piece of work... but it's not a record for hp/displacement... record maybe for CO2...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Ford already have offered a 1.0L engine with forced induction some years ago, but was restricted to Brazil, Colombia and Venezuela. It was a version of the Zetec RoCam engines range, used in Mk5 and Mk6 Fiestas, and was fitted with a supercharger and tuned for 95ps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ford's new 1-liter ecoboost engine