New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ford's Fiesta ST launched at Geneva: Block-heads rejoice
    Words by Niky Tamayo | Photos courtesy of Ford Motor Company

For those who've been having Ken Block-inspired fever dreams after watching Gymkhana III and Gymkhana IV (Monkeysuit's Revenge), take heart. The Ford Fiesta ST is here! Revealed at the Geneva Auto Show, the 2013 Ford Fiesta ST is a development that has been a long time coming. And due to the clamor and attention it has been receiving, it is likely that Ford will sell it in markets *other* than Europe.

Unfortunately, for Ken Block-wannabes, there is no AWD. Oh well, there's always the handbrake.

The Fiesta ST is based on the three-door body shell, utilizing the EcoBoost 1.6 that will also see action in the new Focus, here tuned to provide 177 hp and 240 Nm of torque. This gives the Fiesta ST a 0 to 100 km/h time of "under seven seconds."

CLICK ON LINK TO CONTINUE: Ford's Fiesta ST launched at Geneva: Block-heads rejoice
    LINK: Ford's Fiesta ST launched at Geneva: Block-heads rejoice

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The 5-door Fiesta ST Concept (displayed at the LA Auto Show).

This is how the Fiesta ST would look like if introduced/assembled in markets where the 3-door Fiesta does not exist.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Will there be a 2013 Ford Fiesta sedan in the Philippine market?

I read (below) that the Fiesta sedan didn't do well in the Australian market, and the distributors there don't intend to continue the sedan even after the 2013 face lift. I'm anxious that the Thai plant will only manufacture hatchbacks of the 2013 facelift, since Australia gets its Fiestas from the Thai plan. Any thoughts?

2013 Ford Fiesta sedan not for Australia | CarAdvice

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldbrian View Post
    Will there be a 2013 Ford Fiesta sedan in the Philippine market?

I read (below) that the Fiesta sedan didn't do well in the Australian market, and the distributors there don't intend to continue the sedan even after the 2013 face lift. I'm anxious that the Thai plant will only manufacture hatchbacks of the 2013 facelift, since Australia gets its Fiestas from the Thai plan. Any thoughts?

2013 Ford Fiesta sedan not for Australia |*CarAdvice
    Yes because the ford fiesta sales are superb. They need to release the face lifted with the 1.0 to stomp on the Mitsu Mirage 1.2 sales .

Regarding Australia, it is more of a ute country. Everyone there loves trucks.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006