New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Hi,

anyone tried the cars last weekend?

I test drived the Focus Hatch, it rides nice altho di ko naabutan yung registration sa rally challenge late na pumunta. BTW may existing thread na, paki merge na lang mga mods

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    hello guys tanong ko lang po kung madaling maintance ang ford lynz..thanks[QUOTE]

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Tried the Focus 1.6 Trend M/T, 2.0 Sport A/T and the TRS rally car.

1.6 Trend M/T

- good shifting, clutch easy to live with, but not as slick as Hondas
    - torque seems to take some time to build, but adequate performance
    - steering has good feedback
    - good interior space
    - brake and gas pedal distance not for heel-toe shifting

2.0 Sport A/T

- fierce Swat Kat design
    - adjustable aircon temperature for both driver and passenger
    - also good interior space
    - feels quick despite A/T
    - sporty steering feel
    - Why Sport if there's no M/T? Manumatic feature may offer some kick, but definitely no substitute for the real thing. Great chassis could have been done justice to with a stick shift.

TRS rally car

- same as 1.6 Trend M/T in mechanical spec
    - noisy with scav-type exhaust
    - suspension seems durable for the rough roads

Sadly though, I can't drive the rally car as I like, since first of all, it's not mine, and I probably can't pay for it if it flips. As for the road cars, they could have merged the controllability of the manual gearbox and the performance and handling of the 2.0. The new Civic will almost certainly be available with a manual, and for sure there will be many buyers. Ford ought to take action accordingly by offering the right transmission to the Sport.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    sayang di raw pwede handbrake u-turns for the race focus. hehehehe.

me sez ganda ng ride talaga ng focus, whatever trim level...pero t3h slow si 1.6. mas bloodthirsty pa sa acceleration yung familia eh.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ask ko lang may naka display kasi sa Ford Edsa na parang orange na Focus hatch. Is that the ST?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I tried the 1.6, 2.0, and the TRS car.

The 1.6 was ok, pero nanibago ako sa 2nd gear. Ayaw humatak after the humps. Not sure kung dahil bago palang.

Sa 2.0 naman, nagulat ako pag apak ko ng gas. haha. Saya! 1.8 palang yung pinaka malakas na na-drive ko before. The features are nice. I just didn't like the manual mode. Parang mga 2 secs before kumagat yung gear change.

Now the best part was the TRS test drive! Sarap sa track and since the layout was tight and short, there was no need to shift up from 1st. At dahil lupa yung track, "on-the-limit" na yung feel. I really would recommend it! Sana malapit na yung next na test drive!!!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    there is a thread related to this.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by zanch
    ask ko lang may naka display kasi sa Ford Edsa na parang orange na Focus hatch. Is that the ST?
    No, it's not the ST. It's just a repainted, dressed-up 2.0. The WRC-look Focus that was also there, is likewise a 2.0. Both also have (groan) automatics.

Quote Originally Posted by jarx
    I tried the 1.6, 2.0, and the TRS car.

The 1.6 was ok, pero nanibago ako sa 2nd gear. Ayaw humatak after the humps. Not sure kung dahil bago palang.

Sa 2.0 naman, nagulat ako pag apak ko ng gas. haha. Saya! 1.8 palang yung pinaka malakas na na-drive ko before. The features are nice. I just didn't like the manual mode. Parang mga 2 secs before kumagat yung gear change.

Now the best part was the TRS test drive! Sarap sa track and since the layout was tight and short, there was no need to shift up from 1st. At dahil lupa yung track, "on-the-limit" na yung feel. I really would recommend it! Sana malapit na yung next na test drive!!!
    Yeah that's what I noticed too. Medyo hirap sa 2nd gear after the humps. Ramdam ko difference kasi sa Corolla, maganda agad hila. Sa 2.0 naman, matagal yung shifting. Tama, mga over 1 second bago sumipa. Dapat talaga may manual sa 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by carlocaraddict
    there is a thread related to this.
    Paki merge na lang...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Too bad hindi sila nag-launch ng tunay na sequel sa Lynx RS/Centennial.

Ford and TRS test drive at the Fort