New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by carlocaraddict
    yes it was introduced here in the 80's, nakasakay pa nga ako nun sa Dagupan City nung bata pa ako but when they came back here nung late 90's, isa sa mga plans yun together with the Lynx pero hindi natuloy. AFAICR, lumabas pa nga sa leading newspapers yun nung 1998.
    hindi ba yung Windstar na facelifted yun Carlo?
    i also saw it in ads nung 1998, pero i thought it was the Windstar... yung may teaser ads na headlights lang pinapakita... topshot pa.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08
    hindi ba yung Windstar na facelifted yun Carlo?
    i also saw it in ads nung 1998, pero i thought it was the Windstar... yung may teaser ads na headlights lang pinapakita... topshot pa.

Hindi Windstar yun. Ford Econovan (based siya sa Mazda na van na binenta ng Fransisco Motors)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Ford Econovan is essentially a rebadged/restyled Mazda Power Van (in its short version) and Kia Besta (in its medium version) and the Mazda E2000 (in long version).

Maybe something not in line with the image Ford wants to project at that time. Also remember the issues between Ford and FMC regarding the Ranger pick ups?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The short:

Interior:

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    *carlocaraddict - That was the Econovan with 4 small rear wheels, right?

Transit Minibus ang shuttle sa dati kong trabaho. 1+2 ang seat rows kaya medyo maluwag.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix
    *carlocaraddict - That was the Econovan with 4 small rear wheels, right?

yup!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i used to work in Ford Phils and during my trip to Ford Vietnam (2003) I found out that Ford Vietnam was about to introduce the 12-seater and 17-seater Ford Transit. It's one of the workhorse in Europe with powerful but economical diesel engine. I would love to see Ford Phils introducing this van as CBU from Vietnam or Europe to serve the Philippine market.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ford Transit