New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JJB View Post
    Reading the article, mukhang policy talaga ng Ford na not to talk straight to the customer. They'll just wait for the insurance to do an investigation and when they find out that it's inherent to the card, that's the only time they'll investigate. And that's in Australia pa ha, what more dito sa atin?

I'm closely monitoring lately since I'm thinking of getting the explorer, everest or ranger.
    My father-in-law says that he spends at least 200k on his Ford cars after 3 years of ownership (explorer and focus).

What's the latest news from Ms. Jao and FGP?
    They're not going to talk about it if they don't know anything about it.

-

Personally, if I were to get the Explorer, it'd be the V6. Probably less to maintain over time than the 2.0T.

If you're getting an Eve or Ranger, stick with the 2.2. The Aussie fires are with the 3.2, and the turbo gasket problems people encounter here are also with the 3.2.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    They're not going to talk about it if they don't know anything about it.

-

Personally, if I were to get the Explorer, it'd be the V6. Probably less to maintain over time than the 2.0T.

If you're getting an Eve or Ranger, stick with the 2.2. The Aussie fires are with the 3.2, and the turbo gasket problems people encounter here are also with the 3.2.
    Thanks niky. will have to think real hard if I'll go with the explorer. Owners have been reporting headaches as well. Guess will wait for the fortuner too. Hope there will be gas variants to these midsize SUVs

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JJB View Post
    Thanks niky. will have to think real hard if I'll go with the explorer. Owners have been reporting headaches as well. Guess will wait for the fortuner too. Hope there will be gas variants to these midsize SUVs
    I had the same issue with my Turbo, had to replace it very costly.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    i have a ford ranger. bought it in '14. i have 50k+ mileage on it now. had turbo replaced after a year. warranty. no problem. replaced em for free. now, turbo problem again. they will replace for free, still. Ford guys have been helpful and attentive. i hope it's just a batch issue with their turbo supplier and not a problem with the model itself.

unit runs good. very powerful. used it on highways and mountain trails. no issue with power and speed. just the occasional turbo problem.

i got the 3.2 for two reasons: i need a 4x4 (i have had two 4x4 units perviously, a nissan and an isuzu) and i want a HUGE engine since i use it quite heavily. big displacement means less stress on the engine ergo it could last a pretty long time.

but this turbo issue concerns me. no problem so far with the ford staff. just the turbo!
    Last edited by exon; June 15th, 2016 at 06:32 PM. Reason: typo error

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by exon View Post
    i have a ford ranger. bought it in '14. i have 50k+ mileage on it now. had turbo replaced after a year. warranty. no problem. replaced em for free. now, turbo problem again. they will replace for free, still. Ford guys have been helpful and attentive. i hope it's just a batch issue with their turbo supplier and not a problem with the model itself.

unit runs good. very powerful. used it on highways and mountain trails. no issue with power and speed. just the occasional turbo problem.

i got the 3.2 for two reasons: i need a 4x4 (i have had two 4x4 units perviously, a nissan and an isuzu) and i want a HUGE engine since i use it quite heavily. big displacement means less stress on the engine ergo it could last a pretty long time.

but this turbo issue concerns me. no problem so far with the ford staff. just the turbo!
    i had the 2014 bt50 3.2 (twin of the ranger), exactly the same engine. turbo was replaced 3 times. as far as i know the first batch of turbos had a problem (over spool and cooling problems). they have a software patch for the over spooling that limits the turbo speed and they have now a new turbo since june 2015. the first 2 turbos they put in my unit did not last long, the 3rd lasted until i sold the pick up. problem was mazda would not replace the turbo hoses and those always pop out and i just got tired bringing it back to them.

just make sure ford puts in the new turbo model this time and that they do the ecu software upgrade. also tell them to replace all turbo hoses and clamps.
    Last edited by yebo; June 24th, 2016 at 12:57 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234