New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rgl726 View Post
    hi all,

i have a 2009 ranger which has an engine fuel injector failure for 29,000km still under warranty.

i bought this unit in ford cebu dealer.

my problem now is they will not honor my warranty claim because i dont go to them for PMS.

but i do PMS myself base on the owners manual.

is this right??
    Sad to say you voided your warranty.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post
    Gago talaga ang Ford sa ganun. They will try to weasel out of Waranty responsibility.
    Any manufacturer would do the same not just Ford.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Talagang ganito ang kalakaran sa Pinas, kapag di ka nagpa-PMS sa kanila sigurado void ang warranty mo. kaya dapat ihanda mo na ang sarili mo sa ganyan, dapat siguro ang diskarte after 1 year mo na bago mo ipagawa sa labas para kung magkaproblema sa loob ng 1 year mapapa-warranty mo pa sya. pero dapat naman kasi minsan huwag maging overprice maningil ang mga casa kasi minsan kadalasan triple ang gastos mo kung sa kanila mo pa papa-PMS. parang nangyayari yung warranty mo ay binabayadan pa din.. anyway sana maayos mo yung problema mo TS,

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rgl726 View Post
    ok sir. but wala po sa manual na ma void ang warranty if you do it yourself. right?

i have other brand of CRDI engine that i do PMS myself and i dont have injector failure for 29,000km.
    You were lucky with your other cars. Injector failures are uncommon, but they happen to all brands. I've heard of them on Nissans, Hyundais, Toyotas (though it's usually the fuel pump) and now... Fords.

It's very unusual for injectors to fail that early, but they can fail if they get contaminated by tainted fuel. Unfortunately for you... since you were the one who replaced the fuel filter, Ford cannot verify that you replaced it at the proper interval (your word against theirs) and that when you replaced it, you didn't accidentally dislodge contaminants from the old filter into the fuel system.

That's where they are coming from. It's the same with any industrial equipment. You can't get the manufacturer or dealer to warranty them if you do not follow their terms of usage and allow them to do their periodic check-ups.

In the US, they passed a law that the manufacturer cannot void your warranty if you have the work done outside... as long as you keep detailed records and use proper equipment and spares as specified in the service booklet. Here, we don't have that luxury.

Personally, all my suspension, brakes and clutch work, stuff that isn't covered under warranty, is done outside. But I have all my oil changes (within the warranty period) done at the dealership, because engine and fuel system repairs are expensive. And with these new-style high-pressure injectors, your sources of parts are limited.

IF you have complete records and receipts of when you did the oil and fuel filter changes, attach copies of such to the service report of Ford Cebu and forward it to the dealership management. Then forward it to Ford Group Philippines. If you pester them enough, you might get it replaced under warranty. But this is not a guarantee.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    You were lucky with your other cars. Injector failures are uncommon, but they happen to all brands. I've heard of them on Nissans, Hyundais, Toyotas (though it's usually the fuel pump) and now... Fords.

It's very unusual for injectors to fail that early, but they can fail if they get contaminated by tainted fuel. Unfortunately for you... since you were the one who replaced the fuel filter, Ford cannot verify that you replaced it at the proper interval (your word against theirs) and that when you replaced it, you didn't accidentally dislodge contaminants from the old filter into the fuel system.

That's where they are coming from. It's the same with any industrial equipment. You can't get the manufacturer or dealer to warranty them if you do not follow their terms of usage and allow them to do their periodic check-ups.

In the US, they passed a law that the manufacturer cannot void your warranty if you have the work done outside... as long as you keep detailed records and use proper equipment and spares as specified in the service booklet. Here, we don't have that luxury.

Personally, all my suspension, brakes and clutch work, stuff that isn't covered under warranty, is done outside. But I have all my oil changes (within the warranty period) done at the dealership, because engine and fuel system repairs are expensive. And with these new-style high-pressure injectors, your sources of parts are limited.

IF you have complete records and receipts of when you did the oil and fuel filter changes, attach copies of such to the service report of Ford Cebu and forward it to the dealership management. Then forward it to Ford Group Philippines. If you pester them enough, you might get it replaced under warranty. But this is not a guarantee.
    nicely said sir.

thats there argument.

its not all about the warranty claim. its about there system im questioning. why fail for only 29,000km and 2 years to be exact???

FYI they are offering me 50% discount on parts for this claim.

and 50% is 60k.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Have all four injectors failed? (from the cost... I'm assuming that's what they're saying).

Get a detailed report of the issue from them first... because it may be possible that your problem is elsewhere... because I can't imagine all four have failed already. We have FCP members with high mileage on their Rangers, Eves and Focus TDCis... and the injectors are not a known weak point...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Nothing is 100 perfect. One out of a hundred or one out of a thousand will be defective.

This is the purpose of the warranty.

The dealer may have a line similar to this:

"We recognize the inherent weakness of any system, but as an assurance to you, we will warranty our product provided you can prove a proper PMS was performed."

If you have evidence that will stand up in court, you can pursue the case. I'm sure mas malaki gagastusin mo sa korte kesa sagutin mo na lang repair ng engine mo.

Di ba sa insurance, kahit nabangga mo ang poste at kahit kasalanan mo, sagot nila?

Won't this be a candidate for an insurance claim?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    No it will not be covered by the insurance. Insurance is based on accidents or fortuitous events and is protection from financial liability... Warranty covers manufacturing defects...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hi!

Just want to share something in relation to this concern.

We have a family friend who is now a politician of a very far-flung municipality in Davao Oriental. He used to own a 2007 3.0 M/T TDCi. He also suffered the same problem as yours – injector failure. But since his unit was casa (FORD Davao) maintained, he indeed got it warranteed for free.

The culprit is (as always) the dirty & water-contaminated diesel in his province. Since his province is so far-flung (almost near to Surigao del Sur, facing the pacific ocean), Shell & Petron dealer stations cannot continue to thrive due to bad road conditions, landslides (difficulty in the steady replenishment of fuels in their bulk tanks), & very high prices (due to transportation costs). Eventually, all these dealer stations closed down. This only shows that not all of mindanao has really experience the progress that the government has bragged about.

So now, they have to traverse around 03 hours of bad road condition going to the provincial capitol city from their municipality just to fill up their rigs. So eventually, he bought lots of (used) drums, fill it up with fuel, loaded it in a big truck, and had it transported to their hometown.

It is when his problems with the injectors started.

Contamination & water from the dirty containers; and very bad (dirty) practice of fuel handling was the root cause. I even adviced him to really use a very finely-meshed strainer in transfering the diesel fuel from those drums to his rig's fuel tank; and that he should practice a monthly replacement of his Fuel Filters. And yet he never listened & just waited for the casa's advice on the regular maintenance intervals.

Almost after two-months from his free injector replacement from the casa, the problem recurred. Still of the same root cause. But this time, the casa offered no free replacement, but a 50-50 proposal – 50% of the amount will be paid by Ford, and that the other 50% will be paid by him (the owner). He (the owner) grabbed it, and for the 2nd time, his injectors were replaced. After he got the unit, he sold it as soon as possible to a Davao-based resident whom I also knew. And now, the unit is running perfectly fine here in Davao City. The unit is always being filled-up in stations based here in Davao.

So to sum it up, I firmly believe that fuel injector-related problems (if ever that is the diagnosis for the TS' ranger) is mostly caused by dirty & water-contaminated fuels. So we have to be always careful & mindful to where we gas-up our rigs.

Sorry for the long post. Was just sharing. Peace.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That matches my experience. Even during the whole D4D brouhaha, no one I knew in is area (fill up only at major Shell or Petron stations) experienced fuel issues. Only filled up once at a far-flung station in Marikina, and the test unit I was driving experienced engine problems and entered limp mode.

In the end, you really have to exercise due diligence, but even if you do, crap can happen, so it pays to have your warranty intact.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Ford Ranger Engine Failure after 29,000km!! under Warranty