New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    nice move by Ford, unfortunately i have'nt seen any gas station selling any gasoline-ethanol mix unlike in Mexico.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Seaoil already sells 5-10% blends, AFAIK.

Cars that are ethanol compatible can use regular gas. It's not a big deal for them.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by doofy
    nice move by Ford, unfortunately i have'nt seen any gas station selling any gasoline-ethanol mix unlike in Mexico.
    SeaOil has been selling E10 fuels for a while now.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Do you guys know which cars can accept 10% ethanol blend? lahat ba ng cars pwede?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think pretty much all... parang additive lang sya so it shouldn't matter.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Most new cars can take 5 with no problem. 10% is a different matter, as most carmakers will void your warranty if you use it. Damage is a remote possibility, though, and will only be evident after a couple of years. Older cars are another matter because of the type of rubber used in hoses and fittings.
    Only specially prepared vehicles can take e20 and higher.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hagiber
    I read somewhere that Shell is going to start to sell an ethanol blend fuel.
    BlueGirl, is this true :-) kumusta naman ang mga langis at gasolina dyan ha?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Seaoil already sells 5-10% blends, AFAIK.
    How much?

I was wondering what happens when you use your Focus FFV for out of town trips to areas without ethanol blend fuel? Can you just switch back to 100% unleaded gasoline?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    You'll just have to add Php 30K to make your Focus (2.0L & 1.8L only) a FFV.
    let me correct myself.

all new 2.0L & 1.8L Focus are already FFV. no additional fees / charges on top of the SRP.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's good to know. I'm still waiting for the diesel version to be announced for sale, though. Not sure it'll fit in my "commuter car" budget. Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by AG4
    How much?

I was wondering what happens when you use your Focus FFV for out of town trips to areas without ethanol blend fuel? Can you just switch back to 100% unleaded gasoline?
    Yup. The ECU automatically detects fuel quality and blend on the fly and adjusts ignition and fuel mapping to compensate. This might help mitigate the fuel economy drop experienced by regular cars using ethanol blends.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ford Phils. launches the economical flexible fuel vehicles