New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by auto_fanatic View Post
    Halos pala same price yung V6 na Ford Mustang with the Ford Explorer.
    Sa Pinas, the Mustang V6 Premium's price will be around P96,000 lower than the Explorer 4x4 Limited. In the US, the same Mustang's price is around P500,000 lower than the Explorer 4x4 Limited. If the local Explorer and Mustang are the same trim as the ones in the US, I'm wishing the local 'stang will also be P500,000 cheaper. So it's either local taxes and tariffs or Ford just wants to make more money.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    Sa Pinas, the Mustang V6 Premium's price will be around P96,000 lower than the Explorer 4x4 Limited. In the US, the same Mustang's price is around P500,000 lower than the Explorer 4x4 Limited. If the local Explorer and Mustang are the same trim as the ones in the US, I'm wishing the local 'stang will also be P500,000 cheaper. So it's either local taxes and tariffs or Ford just wants to make more money.
    Lower volume import, higher price.

Look at it this way, the Camaro costs about as much as a Mustang in the US and their V6 model is priced at P3,218,888 here, that's even more expensive than the 420hp 5.0 liter V8 Mustang GT.
    Even with their higher pricing, the Mustang is probably still one of most affordable pony cars you can buy here now.

PS: The V8 Camaro SS is priced at P4,138,888!!
    Last edited by AG4; July 18th, 2012 at 01:15 AM.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    from TOPGEEAR

Today, Ford is formally launching the 2013 Mustang to the Philippine market.

And you know why? Because Ford was finally able to price its iconic coupe so competitively low. How low? I have it on good authority that Ford has managed to price the Mustang--drum roll, please--P2,499,000 for the V6 Premium and P2,899,000 for the GT Premium. The former is powered by a 3.7-liter DOHC Ti-VCT V6 gasoline engine (RON 91) rated at 305hp and 274Nm, while the latter is equipped with a 5.0-liter DOHC Ti-VCT V8 gasoline engine (RON 95) rated at 420hp and 529Nm. Both variants come standard with a six-speed automatic transmission with Select Shift function.

This confirms what FGP assistant vice president for communications Anika Salceda-Wycoco revealed to me more than a month ago: "The Mustang GT Premium will be priced below P3 million." (I remember needing to collect my jaw from the floor after being told this information.)

I imagine gray-market vendors who have been making a killing with the Mustang, now cursing to high heavens. I don't know how they will be able to match FGP's pricing. For the record, the going rate for the Mustang V6 (yes, just the V6) on the gray market is around P3.2 million. Game over. Unless, of course, those independent sellers can find a way to undercut FGP's irresistible offer. Which I doubt.

When I commended one FGP executive about this excellent pricing of the Mustang, he said: "We actually want people driving it and not just looking at it at motor shows."

And just so you know, Ford didn't scrimp on the features to arrive at the above prices. Here's a quick rundown of the standard specs and features of the Philippine-market Mustangs, followed by the extra equipment found on the GT Premium in parentheses:

* MacPherson struts with gas-charged shock absorbers in front, and solid-axle three-link Panhard rod with gas-charged shock absorbers at the back;

* Four-wheel disc brakes with ABS (with Brembo brake package on the GT Premium);

* AdvanceTrac electronic stability control;

* All-speed traction control;

* Dual front and side airbags;

* Front and rear stabilizer bars;

* Reverse sensing system (with rear-view camera on the GT Premium);

* Tire-pressure monitoring system;

* Remote keyless entry;

* Security and antitheft system;

* HID headlamps (with LED fog lamps on the GT Premium);

* Standard grille (with dark chrome "Pony" on the GT Premium);

* LED sequential taillamps;

* 4.2-inch color LCD display in the instrument cluster;

* Six-way power driver's seat (with six-way power front-passenger seat and heater on the GT Premium);

* Body-color power side mirrors (with "Pony Projection Lights" on the GT Premium);

* Ford SYNC voice-activated media connectivity system;

* Shaker audio system with six speakers and bright chrome surround (with digital storage on the GT Premium);

* Manual air-conditioning (dual-zone automatic temperature control on the GT Premium);

* Steering wheel-mounted cruise, audio and five-way message center controls;

* Charcoal Black leather seats (with Cashmere Racing Stripes on the GT Premium);

* 17-inch machined aluminum wheels (19-inch dark-stainless aluminum wheels on the GT Premium); and

* Steel roof (glass roof on the GT Premium)

Unique body color for the Mustang V6 Premium is Sterling Gray Metallic. Unique body colors for the Mustang GT Premium are Deep Impact Blue Metallic and Black. Common to both variants are Performance White and Race Red.
    ^lower trim/barer model and maybe they can price it at 2m or lower hehehehe.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Lower volume import, higher price.

Look at it this way, the Camaro costs about as much as a Mustang in the US and their V6 model is priced at P3,218,888 here, that's even more expensive than the 420hp 5.0 liter V8 Mustang GT.
    Even with their higher pricing, the Mustang is probably still one of most affordable pony cars you can buy here now.

PS: The V8 Camaro SS is priced at P4,138,888!!
    Just wishful thinking, my friend. But with Camaro at that price range, and I hear so is a Dodge Challenger, this only tells us that Ford is a better marketer than its rival American brands in the PH. I can understand how Dodge can have volume issues, but Chevy? After all the hype of "Transformers," you'd think that the demand for the Camaro would be high. Yet the local Chevy distributors intro'd it at a ridiculous price range. So now they must be scratching their b*lls wondering how to make the Camaro more competitively priced without earning the ire of the early suckers, I mean adopters.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Just a question re pricing and Ford's ability to price their American sourced vehicles lower. Do they receive better incentives/pricing since they are part of the Ford Group unlike CATS and Covenant which are independent distributors?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rafmac View Post
    Just a question re pricing and Ford's ability to price their American sourced vehicles lower. Do they receive better incentives/pricing since they are part of the Ford Group unlike CATS and Covenant which are independent distributors?
    If we look at Chevy's US-sourced vehicles, a 4x2 Tahoe is about P57,000 more expensive than a 4x4 Exped. Meanwhile the V6 Camaro is around P720,000 higher than its Mustang counterpart while the V8 version is approx P1,240,000 higher than its Ford competitor. From a layman's POV, it appears that there's something wrong with the computations at the Covenant group.
    Last edited by JackFlash; July 18th, 2012 at 03:14 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rafmac View Post
    Looks like other companies just want to make a lot of money from a couple of units.

From Top Gear Philippines...
    When I commended one FGP executive about this excellent pricing of the Mustang, he said: "We actually want people driving it and not just looking at it at motor shows."
    Read More: Ford Mustang pricing will bowl gray-market vendors over - News | TopGear.com.ph

8. Join Date
    May 2005

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    comparing it with the Toyota 86 in the US, bargain ang benta ng 86 dito sa atin.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I was disappointed when they confirmed that, yes, the car will be 2.5-2.9m. But the units they're bringing in are pretty loaded. There will be no "stripper" model with a manual and cloth seats. The 2.5m model is a premium level V6 with a 6AT and an upscale leather interior.

I think the tactic here is to convince people to just go ahead and get the V8. For just 400k more, it's absolutely loaded to the gills. Even better, the sound! The fury! The handling! They didn't let us drive it, but from the short passenger ride, it feels about as fast and as competent as a BMW M3 minus the punishing ride. The M3 has a bigger back seat, though.

The Mustang is no longer a pony car. It's a real sports car now. This one's a winner.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

The Ford Mustang is coming