New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGunn View Post
    Any news on the price? How much kaya? Laban ba sa 86?
    No prices yet, but according to Top Gear Ph...
    We will release the complete list of specifications and amenities--including, for instance, the standard glass roof on the GT Premium--as we draw nearer to the launch date.

For now, all we can tell you is that the Mustang will be priced competitively. How competitive? Our inside source says "the Mustang GT Premium will be priced below P3 million." That means the V6 Premium will be even more enticing, price-wise.
    Not bad considering the V6 Camaro starts at P3.2M here.

- Motor Trend

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Just saw this on Yahoo News:

The roar of the Ford Mustang may soon be a more familiar sound on Manila's streets, with Ford set to launch the Mustang in the Philippines later this month.

According to Anika Salceda-Wycoco, assistant vice president for communications of Ford Group Philippines, the pricing and variants of the Mustang will be announced on July 18, with the first units expected to arrive in the country by September.

Frances Barredo at Ford Global City told Yahoo! Southeast Asia units may begin arriving as early as August. They will sell for around P2.8 million a unit, she said.

The Ford website hints at two variants: One will be powered by a 305-horsepower V6 engine and another by a 420-horsepower V8 engine. Both variants will have six-speed transmissions.

A 3.6-Liter V6 variant of the Camaro, a rival pony car from Chevrolet, sells for P3.2 million. A more powerful 6.2 -Liter V8 variant sells for P4.1 million, according to the Chevrolet website. Both have automatic transmission with tap-shift controls.
    Full story here: Mustangs to roam Philippine streets soon - Yahoo! News Philippines

I'm guessing the P2.8M is for the V6, nowhere near a T86 or even the V6 Gen Coupe. Toyota and Hyundai need not worry. But Chevy does.
    Last edited by JackFlash; July 5th, 2012 at 04:34 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    my nakita ako old mustang GT pero mukang kaha lang at kinakalawang madami ng tapal at dami linatero nasa gilid lang ng daan
    ganun pa man napa wow ako swerte naman nun owner mukang irerestore nya grabe astig parin kahit napakaluma na head turner parin
    my nakita uli ako mustang sa manila sira naman ginawa lang tambayan inuupuan lang yun hood

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Share ko lang mga sir my friend's Mustang

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thx777 View Post
    Share ko lang mga sir my friend's Mustang

Classic. Does it use the original 289 cu in V8?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    My uncle just told me that the 2.8M is for the GT premium already, and the V6 will be priced at 1.7M... If this were true then the Mustang is really gonna be a contender!!

Wasn't able to verify his source though... At 2.8M this is a good level price for the GT, as it competes well with even the STi in pricing.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    My uncle just told me that the 2.8M is for the GT premium already, and the V6 will be priced at 1.7M... If this were true then the Mustang is really gonna be a contender!!

Wasn't able to verify his source though... At 2.8M this is a good level price for the GT, as it competes well with even the STi in pricing.
    wow ayus ah

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Mustang is "coming very soon"! How soon? Mga 2 years from now?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Really? That would be an awesome deal if it were true that the V6 (Premium?) would only cost P1.7M, seems kinda low though in proportion to the GT Premium's rumored P2.8M price.
    My guesstimate for the V6 Premium was actually around P2.2M-P2.4M. Lol

This will really make the guys at The Covenant Car Company Inc. (Chevrolet Philippines) slash the prices of their Camaro. Their V6 model starts at P3.2M!
    Last edited by AG4; July 9th, 2012 at 01:27 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by duramax_994 View Post
    Mustang is "coming very soon"! How soon? Mga 2 years from now?
    Its launch date has actually been mentioned in most local car sites/ blogs since last week.

- Top Gear Philippines

Then, of course, we were vindicated when Ford Group Philippines displayed the new Mustang at the Manila International Auto Show earlier this year, where FGP assistant vice president for communications Anika Salceda-Wycoco officially confirmed that "we will kick off in July and we will have first deliveries in September."

And now, it can finally be confirmed 100 percent that the Mustang will indeed be launched on July 18, as Ford has started asking the media to save the date for the big event.

Read More: Finally! Ford Mustang to be launched this month - News | TopGear.com.ph
    Last edited by AG4; July 9th, 2012 at 01:21 AM.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
The Ford Mustang is coming