New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbo slice View Post
    its clear that you have a little knowledge of your car. the TCS on mustangs doesn't do anything on cornering. IT WILL PREVENT OR LOCK YOUR REAR WHEELS FROM SPINNING WHENEVER YOU SLIDE ESP. DURING RAINY OR SNOWY SEASON WHEN IT IS ENGAGED OR TURNED ON. and besides most newer mustang equipped with tcs on it, its not that expensive.

Just read the meaning of TCS: (traction control system), what part of it don't you understand? God, Im tired of this!!!!!

its clear that you have a little knowledge of your car. the TCS on mustangs doesn't do anything on cornering. IT WILL PREVENT OR LOCK YOUR REAR WHEELS FROM SPINNING WHENEVER YOU SLIDE ESP. DURING RAINY OR SNOWY SEASON WHEN IT IS ENGAGED OR TURNED ON. and besides most newer mustang equipped with tcs on it, its not that expensive.

Just read the meaning of TCS: (traction control system), what part of it don't you understand? God, Im tired of this!!!!!

omg !! here we go again .....

In road cars: Traction control has traditionally been a safety feature in high-performance cars, which would otherwise need very sensitive throttle input to keep them from spinning the driven wheels when accelerating, especially in wet, icy or snowy conditions. In recent years, traction control systems have become widely available in non-performance cars, minivans, and light trucks.
    In race cars: Traction control is used as a performance enhancement, allowing maximum traction under acceleration without wheel spin. When accelerating out of turn, it keeps the tires at the optimum slip ratio.

In rear wheel drive cars, traction control can prevent oversteering

fyi tcs on mustang does anything in cornering and also on the safety issues on the road tried it on losail circuit during track day in qatar ... try to turn it off then try it on you will know the differrence

now i wonder if you really own or drove that car that hard

speed fighter shfter

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kanuto123 View Post

omg !! here we go again .....

In road cars: Traction control has traditionally been a safety feature in high-performance cars, which would otherwise need very sensitive throttle input to keep them from spinning the driven wheels when accelerating, especially in wet, icy or snowy conditions. In recent years, traction control systems have become widely available in non-performance cars, minivans, and light trucks.
    In race cars: Traction control is used as a performance enhancement, allowing maximum traction under acceleration without wheel spin. When accelerating out of turn, it keeps the tires at the optimum slip ratio.

In rear wheel drive cars, traction control can prevent oversteering

fyi tcs on mustang does anything in cornering and also on the safety issues on the road tried it on losail circuit during track day in qatar ... try to turn it off then try it on you will know the differrence

now i wonder if you really own or drove that car that hard

speed fighter shfter
    what you said was basically the same meaning as I had, you just "candy-coated" it, though I didn't mention regarding safety coz its obvious why its there, but do I have to elaborate what it is? Yes the wheels will lock to prevent you from OVERSTEER, (you got that), and thats safety. You see, you're like a roller coaster. I'm using vague/simple words for people that doesn't understand cars technically like YOU.

And what I meant about "cornering" is not just turning your car 90 degrees in an intersection. take for example my car, its just a regular GT with Roush supercharger. The difference between mine and a roush mustang (do you know that there is a roush mustang?) is that roush change the brakes, dampers, coil springs, bushes & etc. to handle such power of the supercharger. Thats also the big difference between the Roush mustang and a shelby GT500. Roush mustangs were great if you throw it on corners or if you raced it on winding tracks.

To sum it up, my car before (the mustang) sucks on corners coz I didnt upgrade the necessary things, thats also why I traded it with an STi. Basically saying your car SUCKS BIGTIME! And I didn't have the time explain it to you. You can talk to my grandma and show her your car. She'll appreciate it. hahaha...

And FYI, american version of TCS (like that of the mustang and the older vettes) are for me the most meaningless. Its just ON and OFF, you cant adjust it. Need an explanation? Talk to my pet dog.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Ahhhh. Nothing like a spat between 2 kids......

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Ding Dong!

[SIZE=3]Mods will be arriving soon. Enjoy your short stay here at Tsikot.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]
    [/SIZE]
    Ding Dong!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

2 of my cousins in the States have Mustangs. One's a GT and the other a V6 convertible. I drove the V6 (the GT V8 had a flat tire), and I think I'm either too short for the car, or the seat's set too low. The owner of that is actually short too, but he doesn't mind. That's his style I think. He said he could make right turns on corners at 50mph. I believe that's accurate, given the car's stability due to its sheer mass and size. Well, that's what I've noticed.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    what you said was basically the same meaning as I had, you just "candy-coated" it, though I didn't mention regarding safety coz its obvious why its there, but do I have to elaborate what it is? Yes the wheels will lock to prevent you from OVERSTEER, (you got that), and thats safety. You see, you're like a roller coaster. I'm using vague/simple words for people that doesn't understand cars technically like YOU.

And what I meant about "cornering" is not just turning your car 90 degrees in an intersection. take for example my car, its just a regular GT with Roush supercharger. The difference between mine and a roush mustang (do you know that there is a roush mustang?) is that roush change the brakes, dampers, coil springs, bushes & etc. to handle such power of the supercharger. Thats also the big difference between the Roush mustang and a shelby GT500. Roush mustangs were great if you throw it on corners or if you raced it on winding tracks.

To sum it up, my car before (the mustang) sucks on corners coz I didnt upgrade the necessary things, thats also why I traded it with an STi. Basically saying your car SUCKS BIGTIME! And I didn't have the time explain it to you. You can talk to my grandma and show her your car. She'll appreciate it. hahaha...

And FYI, american version of TCS (like that of the mustang and the older vettes) are for me the most meaningless. Its just ON and OFF, you cant adjust it. Need an explanation? Talk to my pet dog.

yeah talk to the hand ..... a big time wannabe .... i doubt that you own one ..... keep dreaming ....

as promised .. tci shifter

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    He said he could make right turns on corners at 50mph. I believe that's accurate, given the car's stability due to its sheer mass and size. Well, that's what I've noticed.
    You'd be surprised to find out that the V6 Mustang convertible is smaller (shorter) than most japanese mid-size sedans and at 3,500 lbs it weighs just about as much as a Camry V6.
    The Mustang V6 coupe is even lighter at just over 3,300 lbs.

PS: Expect the weight of the V6 models to go down a bit next year when they replace the old cast iron block SOHC 4.0 liter V6 with the new aluminum block DOHC 3.7 liter Duratec V6 (which currently makes 273hp in the Lincoln MKS).
    http://www.themustangnews.com/carnew...ustang-429.htm
    Last edited by AG4; August 4th, 2009 at 03:12 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    ^Hmmmm...then it must be the width of the car, then.

Hey! They're matching up against the new V6 Camaro! Nice.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Ford Mustang