New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Almost V8 power is available on the 2.3Ecoboost.

Access Denied

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Monster torque (529 Nm) from a 2.3L 4-banger turbo engine. 335hp is still 100hp less than what the 5.0L V8 can deliver but that available torque from low rpm will be awesome.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    I'm just curious if the "Performance Package" will be available for our local Mustangs here... because I noticed the absence of oil pressure + boost gauges on top of the infotainment system (just a middle aircon vent) on the photos in the Ford Ph website gallery. =(

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    The performance package isnt available here. But the mustang is very easy to upgrade and modify. I upgraded to 6 pot 15.6 inch brembo brakes and CAI+tune via SCT X4. You wont be disappointed. The stock V8 is a beast.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    There's already so much power in the Mustang that handling upgrades would help more in reducing lap times. Brakes are already good, but upgrading them can help reduce fade during prolonged track attacks. Upgrading to extreme performance tires like the Potenza RE71 and Advan AD08 will significantly improve lap times too.

It does feel really, really big to drive though. The hood feels like it extends forever thanks to the low seating, and the girth is really felt. But all that heft is easily handled by the Mustang through the corners which belies its pony car heritage.

Once you get back to normal roads, the Mustang proves to be a very good grand tourer with complete creature comforts and a surprisingly pliant ride.

While the Lexus IS350 F remains as my favorite 3-million peso performance car, the Mustang is very, very charming.

I wonder when I'll actually be able to afford one though. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; November 8th, 2016 at 11:27 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    tail whip everday 😅

Mustang Crashes leaving Cars and Coffee Chicago - YouTube

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    so a 16' v8 stang was posted for sale 3hrs ago...

ang daming interested na buyers..

Last edited by StockEngine; October 25th, 2017 at 02:33 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    My very first impressions coming from a stock 2015 GT 50th Anniversary Mustang Edition. Now all mustangs are great. All of em are super. And the 2015 S550 version with its independent rear suspension and movie star looks really blew it out of the park. But since im a fanatic i really wanted the improvements the heavily (mechanically) revised 2018 edition had. Will a normal person notice the difference? Maybe not. But as someone who drives his cars like he stole em, these differences meant something to me. Especially that all new 10 speed transmission.

So what is new?

1. The Active Exhaust - wow. Just wow. who needs a stereo when you have those open quad pipes singing their tune. Triple the loudness of my 2015 GT in track mode. Yes triple. Quieter than my Jazz in silent mode. I never had the opportunity to change my exhaust before and this seems super satisfying. Its an animal when you start it in the morning and howls like crazy when you rev it. Large displacement-all motor-naturally aspirated V8 combustion sounds are truly music to a gearhead's ears. No turbo to destroy the sound.

2. Magneride - havent tracked it yet so cant talk about the handling but it terms of comfort in normal mode its certainly softer (theres a really bad stretch of road in Katipunan near Conti's and Mcdo which i tested it on). But the big party trick is sport + , track and drag modes. Zero wheel hop. I think this magneride fixed the wheel hop issue I had before. No issues with full WOT . I feel like as confident as superman when i floor it. It just digs in and pulls.

3. Gauges - lots of youtube videos on this. I guess its a matter of taste? I personally like them and the configurability. Adds to my involvement.

4. Engine and drivetrain - this is the biggest biggest change in the drive. While the engine makes more power, its the way it puts the power down that makes the biggest difference for me. The transmission is super fast and the gear ratios really keep you in the power band at all times. The final gear ratio of 3.51 vs 3.15 also makes a difference. It almost feels like a turbo now at lower revs because of the torque and the 7500 rpm redline is a happy surprise. And it doesnt annoyingly cut off the fuel anymore at redline in manual mode. It just upshifts bam bam bam. Downshifts? It has that sweet rev matching throttle blip. Was surprised! The 10speed auto is really sweet and intelligent. No wo der it beats a GT350 in a straight line 1/4 mile race consistently. Its not how much power you have....its how its put down and kept in the sweet spot that counts.

5. Looks and toys - very subjective. Though the staggered wheels (255 front 275 rear) are a plus in my book. Power folding mirrors are nice. The Sync 3 (which the 2015 didnt have) is also very nice and responsive. Android Auto and Apple Car play are really nice. Waze on the screen is a godsend. The center mirror is frameless now which is nice though the side mirrors lost the blind spot monitoring feature i think (no more yellow dot). They changed the materials inside to make it all soft touch now. Still doesnt have a spare tire which is craptastic.

6. Tires - all i can say is the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s has a night and day difference vs the Pirellis. I think the wheels coupled with the magneride really help the traction a lot. Confidence inspiring. And the new 6 pot 15 inch brembo brakes are strong. My 50th anniversary had 4 pot brakes. I think easily a car lengths difference in a hard stop situation which is huge.

All in all, I really think Ford engineers went way beyond what a typical mid cycle facelift or refresh typically delivers. Most refreshes are cosmetic in nature...and while there certainly are cosmetic changes to the car, the big changes are inside. They changed not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4 but 5 major components of this car : A newer and more powerful engine, an Audi-esque new age digital dashboard, a real trick active exhaust system, the sports car worthy Magneride suspension and the real deal mega quick 10 speed transmission. This tightly coupled combination of upgrades is a home run for what was an already excellent car. The Mustang is even better than ever.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk Pro

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast